Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB - New Card Readers.

Options
  • 10-10-2012 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

First the mobile app doesnt notify me that I need to order one until after the code card is out of date. So I ring up and order one(€5.50 to replace if I lose it). It arrived today and its the size of a bloody mobile phone. That is not practical to carry with me, unlike the old cards. I can't believe that this is the best solution they came up with.. I really can't. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Absolutely terrible thing! All other banks seem to use them for a few years now, hate them!

Why did they move to this? What was wrong with the wallet sized code card with 100 RANDOM numbers on it for the past 8 years? Could they just not replace all the cards for everyone for a euro?
    Cant see any men carrying this around, the size of it. Unless you have a bag with you every day for your EVERYDAY BANKING....(for transfering money and paying bills)

Have AIB come out and said why they have changed to this ridiculas way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭wench

Cant see any men carrying this around, the size of it. Unless you have a bag with you every day for your EVERYDAY BANKING....(for transfering money and paying bills)
    You don't need it for your everyday banking, you only need it when setting up new payees, new standing orders, etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

Count your blessings you're not with ptsb who send you a text message

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Note that the machines from different banks work with one another, so if you have two, you can leave one at home and one at work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

the ulster bank and aib ones are not interchangeable here for me. bring back the code cards please.

• Advertisement
Advertisement