Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-Signings

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

So what figure actually gets knocked off my spending money if his contract looks like this?
    Years 4
    salary 2.90M
    bonus 1.10M
    Total Value:16.00M

2013 2014 2015 2016
    1.87M 2.44M 3.17M 4.12M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    So what figure actually gets knocked off my spending money if his contract looks like this?
    Years 4
    salary 2.90M
    bonus 1.10M

2013 2014 2015 2016
    1.87M 2.44M 3.17M 4.12M

Yeah this is confusing me too.

Also, guys are coming to me for negotiation. Are all of those players in their final year or can some of them have like 2 years left and just be looking for a longer contract? I can't find a way to tell how many years are left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Years 4
    salary 2.90M
    bonus 1.10M

2013 2014 2015 2016
    1.87M 2.44M 3.17M 4.12M
    Each year he gets a bonus of 1.1million
    On top of that each year he gets a salary
    2013 0.77
    2014 1.04
    2015 2.07
    2016 3.02

It is possible guys might want to renegotiate work out where they are in their deal. Make sure they are NOT on the last year if their deal !!! Only negotiate if its in your interest. You can ignore them and hope they go away. If last year you must negotiate or lose them

Berty44 wrote: »
    Each year he gets a bonus of 1.1million
    On top of that each year he gets a salary
    2013 0.77
    2014 1.04
    2015 2.07
    2016 3.02

It is possible guys might want to renegotiate work out where they are in their deal. Mske dure they are NIT on the last year if their deal !!! Only negotiate if its in your interest. You can ignore them and hope they go away. If last year you must negotiate or lose them

Right so it's the 1.87 that'll be taken away this year from my spending money,I might try and offer a longer contract in order to knock it down
    I feel like homer with all these questions

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Just re-signed Vaughn Martin by an accident. :mad: My own fault for only half paying attention to what I was doing, only realised when I seen the Tweet from one of the pundits saying that they don't know why I'm still keeping faith in him :pac:

• Advertisement

Lads looking for contract again,best option here is to offer them 6 years ya?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yes for resignings you can do this..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Browns went through the roster and there's only one resigning I want

Alex Mack center, very generous offer has been made

The rest can hit FA I suppose, nobody vital

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah i'm the same mike.

I signed everyone to cap friendly contracts (apart from leach and my LT) Britt is easily cutable, as are the rest.

I should have a fair whack of cash at the next FA

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I agreed a new deal with MJD, and my cap space went from £1.2m to £10.6m

Anybody know where that injection of funds came from? Not that I'm complaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

I would have assumed the max deal permitted would have been same as fa... 4 year deal max?

No resigning are different

What's the deal like mikey?

Also those guys we signed on 1 year deals post draft,does the option to resign them come at the end of the year?
    I actually don't want to resign most of them just wondering

What's the deal like mikey?

Can't for the life of me remember, but I do know 2 things:

a) I was initially surprised by how reasonable his demands were, the offer was very affordable for the Jags despite having only just made it out of pre-season in the green. It was a 6 year deal.

b) I had the Coach XP re-sign HB thing, so he was more likely to accept my offer.

But I had presumed he would see-out his final year of his current contract before entering the new one, so it seemed odd that £10m cap space would pop up from a player re-signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Managed to resign Bethea, Mathis, Vontae Davis and a few others, the 3mentioned were pretty damn expensive but as they were all rated above 85, I had no choice but to splash the cash.

Have many players come back to GM's looking for surprising deals?
    Ppl don't need to divulge information but I will say for me my HB Moreno and RE Ayers came to looking for figures I did not expect.
    Moreno is currently on 20mil 5 year deal....now wants a 1.5mil a year deal
    Ayers is currently on 10mil 5 year deal...now wants 1mil a year deal
    Am I reading this right that they now want less than half of what they were previously earning?

you will find that Perrin, in another franchise the "star players" on expensive deals came back in most cases looking for less than half, while squad players in coming out rookie deals wanted double or triple!!

I've only had to do 3 re-signings, MJD, Eugene Monroe and Tyson Alualu. All 3 have taken pay cuts. Alualu in particular took an offer I made because I didn't care if he went to FA or not, and he accepted!

They must really buy in to Gordon Bombay's man management.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

you will find that Perrin, in another franchise the "star players" on expensive deals came back in most cases looking for less than half, while squad players in coming out rookie deals wanted double or triple!!

I found that the sqaud players i have took the same type of offer they had already and less in some other cases, My star players, Mathis, Davis and Bethea were looking for Crazy money that i payed in the end, after offering them less money each time before that

• Advertisement

Well in my case I put some logic to it,those players aren't really starters and when they have started they haven't really set the world on fire.
    But say in Mikeys case why would MJD want a lesser deal? like wasn't he mvp last year

Well in my case I put some logic to it,those players aren't really starters and when they have started they haven't really set the world on fire.
    But say in Mikeys case why would MJD want a lesser deal? like wasn't he mvp last year

He obviously likes his chances of another playoff spot in Jacksonville, Perrin. :cool:

Nah seriously my initial thought was that it was because I bought the HB Re-signing XP bonus for my coach.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    He obviously likes his chances of another playoff spot in Jacksonville, Perrin. :cool:

Nah seriously my initial thought was that it was because I bought the HB Re-signing XP bonus for my coach.
    That must be it Mikey!
    I thought the way the resigning bonus worked was,even if a players demands are high,they're more likely to accept a lower deal as the bonus in in effect.
    As opposed to buying the bonus will mean a player will come into contract negotiations looking for lesser money

Advertisement