Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cant get signal on new tv

• 10-10-2012 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭

hi folks.

just bought a new lg tv and when i try to tune it it just keeps saying "no signal detected". im pretty sure my upc is ok as my broadband and phone are ok. i just reattached leads the same way as my old tv.

any ideas?

(sorry if in wrong forum)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭MarkK

Do you have a digital box, or did your old telly just have the 10/15 analogue channels on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

MarkK wrote: »
    Do you have a digital box, or did your old telly just have the 10/15 analogue channels on it?
    Yes, UPC digital

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Are you sure that you have selected the correct hdmi source on the tv & pressed the UPC button on the UPC remote?

Edit: You can only connect the UPC box to the tv using either the hdmi cable OR the scart cable - not both.

Are you sure that you have selected the correct hdmi source on the tv & pressed the UPC button on the UPC remote?

Edit: You can only connect the UPC box to the tv using either the hdmi cable OR the scart cable - not both.
    have selected upc on tv;will have to check upc remote tho-didnt really do anything w that,thanks

Are you using SCART or HDMI?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭meercat

agree with others

try pressing the source button(input)until you find your signal from your decoder

MarkK wrote: »
    Are you using SCART or HDMI?
    using scart

Make sure the scart is pushed in fully on both the TV and the Cable box.

Make sure the cable box is on.

Then on the TV remote there should be a button labelled "AV" or "Source".

Newer TVs can have 5 or six different inputs including SCART and HDMI so pressing the "AV" or "Source" might bring up a list of inputs to choose from or may just flick between the different inputs.

Try each of the inputs to see if you can get a picture.

success:):):):):)

thank you all very much for your help.

i think the input/source thing was the key,changed scart around as well.

thanks again

Advertisement