Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm new to Madden NFL 13

Options
  • 10-10-2012 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

As above

So I bought the game today for XBOX 360 and want to here some info about it.

What can I expect for a novice madden gamer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

As above

So I bought the game today for XBOX 360 and want to here some info about it.

What can I expect for a novice madden gamer?

Are you familiar with the rules of American Football? If not, expect confusion :pac: In all seriousness, its a brilliant game and very rewarding as you get better at it. You'll pick it up very quickly. Not sure what else I can say, except that there is a great community here that would be more then happy to to answer any questions you have. Also we run an online league, which will improve your game to no end.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

I know the rules fairly well.

I noticed that they don't have an instruction/info manual in with the game?
    FIFA doesn't have the instruction/info manual either.

I know the rules fairly well.

I noticed that they don't have an instruction/info manual in with the game?
    FIFA doesn't have the instruction/info manual either.

You'll be fine so :)

Nope, manual is on the disk. Seems to be an EA thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

There is an online XBox community here where you can play friendlies against the guys who play in the Boards franchise. Send Raoul or BenSFC a pm for details.

Do NOT play randomers in the lobbies. You will be put off the game with all the crap they do !!!!

Join the community, you will see who is online and if they are playing. You can ask them for a game. Not only will they play you if they can they will give you tips etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Thought I posted in here already.

Anyway, best advice I can give you is to join the community by going into communities search for boards and I think the password is ireland.

Play experienced players who will most likely beat you but you will learn so much by doing this and you will get a grasp of the game fairly quick. If you feel up to it then you can join the franchise. At the moment there are 30 people in the franchise, I think. So two teams left. We play one game every 5 days. Its lots of fun and the best way to get the most out of the game.

• Advertisement

Is there a rookie draft in connected careers?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Is there a rookie draft in connected careers?

During the postseason there is. You scout player throughout the season.

Why can we not see how others teams are doing is their respected conferences in Connected Careers?

Also they should have a table showing which players are getting the most Touchdowns(TDs), Rushing yards etc... from my team and be able to compare to other teams.

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Why can we not see how others teams are doing is their respected conferences in Connected Careers?

Also they should have a table showing which players are getting the most Touchdowns(TDs), Rushing yards etc... from my team and be able to compare to other teams.

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places??:confused:

They are all in the stats pages. Go to the last option along the top on the CC page. When you have the 6 box screen Stats should be top right. You have standing and league stats in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Go on Arrow in the knee, join up for the franchise, you may get beat a bit but you will learn far more than playing CPU, plus you'll get the raiders or colts. I joined in the middle of last year and even though I only got 5/6 wins a season I still had some heart stopping moments and enjoyed most games(cept last nights). You won't regret it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

As said above join the franchise,I'll only started playing this year and I'm really enjoying,picking up bits and pieces every game.
    Even though I haven't won a game yet :D I literally cannot wait for the following game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Well lads just found this thread thanks to helimachopter, bought the game on release day and really enjoying it, although my loss record is pretty :o, just wondering how i get involved in games against fellow boards members.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Big D, Xbox or PS3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Big D, Xbox or PS3?

i'm on Xbox.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

i'm on Xbox.

Cool

SantryRed or Raoul can let you know what teams are left.

We'll be doing 3 seasons, we're in game 6 of season 1 at the moment.

Playing people with proper rules is the only way to get better

How long do you's play per quarter and is it depending on what level?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Eight minutes...nope, we play all pro but since there are only two CPU teams...

Join up :)

Advertisement