Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I change the time on this Eircom Phonewatch Unit please?

Options
  • 10-10-2012 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

Time is wrong for some reason, it's a stand alone system.

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336658835ae486bd4dab130d679681b3c4d.jpg

Also, anyone any idea why it might be beeping intermittently, this morning after entering the code, it emmited a light beep every minute or so. There was an * flashing to the left of the day and date (still flashing but no alarms now after it being turned on left for an hour and turned off again).

Thanks for help in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

vicwatson wrote: »
    Time is wrong for some reason, it's a stand alone system.

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336658835ae486bd4dab130d679681b3c4d.jpg

Also, anyone any idea why it might be beeping intermittently, this morning after entering the code, it emmited a light beep every minute or so. There was an * flashing to the left of the day and date (still flashing but no alarms now after it being turned on left for an hour and turned off again).

Thanks for help in advance

Here you go.

224015.PNG

Here is the link to the user manual also.
    If you press the star button and your code does it give an indication of the fault, time not set or a sensor open?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

If you press the star button and your code does it give an indication of the fault, time not set or a sensor open?

Thanks very very much for reply. Am lost with this stuff.

Have typed in * and my code and it shows "Sytem Low Battery Trouble"

What can this mean? that one of my many sensors has a low battery? or perhaps a battery in the remote control?

Is there a way to find out exactly where the battery problem is?

Oh and is there a way to switch off the beeping in the meantime? Have tried entering my code, it calms but then comes back and is beeping about every minute/two minutes?

Thanks in advance

Thanks very very much for reply. Am lost with this stuff.

Have typed in * and my code and it shows "Sytem Low Battery Trouble"

What can this mean? that one of my many sensors has a low battery? or perhaps a battery in the remote control?

Is there a way to find out exactly where the battery problem is?

Oh and is there a way to switch off the beeping in the meantime? Have tried entering my code, it calms but then comes back and is beeping about every minute/two minutes?

Thanks in advance

That is the battery in the control panel. It is a 12V 2.1 Amp. The other batteries if low would of being given in the system status you used. Replacing the battery is your only option.

altor wrote: »
    That is the battery in the control panel. It is a 12V 2.1 Amp. The other batteries if low would of being given in the system status you used. Replacing the battery is your only option.

Altor cheers, so the only way to shut it up is to replace the battery in the unit itself?

Know where I might get one of these online? and is it handy to just switch off mains power, open the unit and take out old and put in new battery?

Thanks for help

Altor cheers, so the only way to shut it up is to replace the battery in the unit itself?

Know where I might get one of these online? and is it handy to just switch off mains power, open the unit and take out old and put in new battery?

Thanks for help

Your welcome. Check out the suppliers list here. You will get one local to you..
    Yes, very easy to change yourself. Turn off mains, open panel. The unit inside drops down sov you can get at the battery.

Any problems us know.

• Advertisement

Fair play altor. Don't see suppliers list?

Thanks

Fair play altor. Don't see suppliers list?

Thanks

Here you go. http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055956748?page=1#post_69102084

Your welcome. Check out the suppliers list here. You will get one local to you..
    Yes, very easy to change yourself. Turn off mains, open panel. The unit inside drops down sov you can get at the battery.

Any problems us know.

Altor, a big thank you goes out from me. Seriously couldn't have done this without your help and appreciate it.

I got one locally at Electrical retailer for €13.00 which was grand.

Isolated the mains, opened the front panel, dropped down the keypad, took out the old battery and replaced it with the new one. Fixed the time and the asterix * has disappeared from the panel. Hopefully this means it fixed ! It hasn't beeped in 10 minutes anyways so....

Installer had written the date on the old battery - 12th March 2007 ! I guess 5 years 7 months is normal time for this battery?

Once again, many thanks

Advertisement