Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilternan for a date

Options
  • 10-10-2012 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hey

Just wondering if anyone here has gone up to the ski club in kilternan in dublin for a date? And what they thought of it.

I'm big into skiing and the person I'd be bringing has been skiing once before and loved it so I think it would be a great date option. It would be a 5th date so a little bit of activity and personal coaching by me would be great excuse

Cheers

Comments

Moved from After Hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Never went down on a ski slope etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Have you experience of skiing on the Kilternan slope? What standard is your date? How busy is the night you are proposing?

Havent been skiing in Kilternan for years, but the weather and crowd on the night would also be something to consider..

• Registered Users Posts: 28 marcl

homer911 wrote: »
    Have you experience of skiing on the Kilternan slope? What standard is your date? How busy is the night you are proposing?

Havent been skiing in Kilternan for years, but the weather and crowd on the night would also be something to consider..

Nope i've never been to kilternan before. We were talking about skiing on one of our dates and I mentioned kilternan and she hadn't heard of it, but seamed interested so that why i was thinking it could be a cool place to go and go out after or something.

She's been skiing once, last feb for a week so she shouldn't be too bad. And i'm a good skier so it would be the perfect time for me to give her some lessons

I guess if we were going it would be a friday night so i assume it would be busy. And ya the weather would be an issue so i'd have to have a back up plan arranged just in case

I'd give it a try yourself then before you bring them - its very different to snow!

Also be sure your friend is reasonably competent - You could get kicked off if not reasonably proficient, not in a class and a possible danger to yourself and others

Have you considered the indoor ski centre in Sandyford?

• Advertisement

I'd give it a try yourself then before you bring them - its very different to snow!

Also be sure your friend is reasonably competent - You could get kicked off if not reasonably proficient, not in a class and a possible danger to yourself and others

Have you considered the indoor ski centre in Sandyford?

I didn't even know there was an indoor ski centre in sandyford so that might be worth a shot. Is it any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I had assumed the Kilternan one went when the hotel did :confused:

Well you wont get wet, but its not everyones taste...

http://www.skicentre.ie/

I had assumed the Kilternan one went when the hotel did :confused:

The Ski Club of Ireland is independent of the hotel..
    They have special deals on classes for October

http://www.skiclub.ie/

Well you wont get wet, but its not everyones taste...

http://www.skicentre.ie/

YA that ski centre doesn't look great for a date now. Might be alright to practice before heading on a ski holiday.

I think i'll chance mentioning kilternan and see what why she takes it. I think it would be a great idea and sur if its not then i'll just have to make up for it later on with dinner or something

• Advertisement
Advertisement