Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entry requirements??

• 10-10-2012 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

hi, this is actually my first post here but I'm in fifth year and I'm kind of confused by the entry requirements on a course I was looking at..it says Minimum Grade: English/Irish: HC3

I know it's a dumb question but I can't tell if they're looking for one or both? I don't do honours irish so I'm kinda anxious about it.. would appreciate the help! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Josh95

a0ifee wrote: »
    hi, this is actually my first post here but I'm in fifth year and I'm kind of confused by the entry requirements on a course I was looking at..it says Minimum Grade: English/Irish: HC3

I know it's a dumb question but I can't tell if they're looking for one or both? I don't do honours irish so I'm kinda anxious about it.. would appreciate the help! :D

What course is it + I'll find out for you.. if it's in UCD or NUI Maynooth it probably means both..

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

It's in DIT - journalism with a language!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

On a similar blue, the entry requirements for UCC, UCD. UCG, and I think the 4th is UL have changed. You now need a minimum of 4 HC3s as apposed to 2 HC3s. This is for current 5th years.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Rebekahx

In Journalism with a Language you have a choice of studying French or Irish, and you have to get a HC3 in English and the language you want to study.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

a0ifee wrote: »
    the entry requirements on a course I was looking at..it says Minimum Grade: English/Irish: HC3

I can't tell if they're looking for one or both? I don't do honours irish so I'm kinda anxious about it.. would appreciate the help! :D

I read it as HC3 in one of english or irish. My belief in this statement is strengthened by the fact that other requirements are listed as a HC3 in Irish or French.

So if it was a HC3 in both irish and english, then irish would not be listd as 'other requirement'.

In your case you need a HC3 in english and french. Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

i figured it was either or but I really wasn't sure, thanks guys :D

Advertisement