Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best store to get a suit

Options
  • 10-10-2012 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend shops around Letterkenny (or towns nearby) that sell decent affordable suits? Looking to buy one, probably charcoal-coloured, with a budget of around €150 (for the shirt, trousers and jacket).

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

For that sort od budget try Asda in Strabane or Matalan in Derry.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

While you're on the subject of suits, does anyone know anyone in Letterkenny who does made to measure suits, and what sort of price would be involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lashed4ever

Evolve Menswear great for Suits, Offer on at the Minute buy a suit get Shirt & Tie Free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

Gallagher'a menswear opposite the front of the courtyard has a sale shop open. I think it'a mostly suits and formal wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Cityman in Derry city do basic suits plus shirt, tie and shoes for around this sort of money.

Might be worth a visit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Debenhams in Derry

• Registered Users Posts: 14,384 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

upstairs in magees in donegal town has a clearance section, they have ones in for 150 euro (size and colours may obviously be restricted due to it being clearance stock)

(think magees still do made to measure last time i looked was around 600 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

Read the title as 'tracksuit' for some reason.....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I brought mine in Classics Casuals. Cant remember the price, but it did include free adjustments.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

irish-stew wrote: »
    I brought mine in Classics Casuals. Cant remember the price, but it did include free adjustments.
    Did it not close (the one in Letterkenny, as Donegal town one is long gone)?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lashed4ever

Classic Casuals trading under a different name now "Watson Menswear" opposite Awear in Letterkenny

byte

Classic Casuals trading under a different name now "Watson Menswear" opposite Awear in Letterkenny
    Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up.

byte wrote: »
    Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up.

Wasn't even aware of that myself. Is that the remaining branch on the the Main Street? Is it still run by the same people or a new managment?

Hard to beleive they had five stores once, 3 in Letterkenny, one in Donegal Town, and one in Killybegs.

byte

I was told that the one in Donegal Town had nothing to do with the one in Letterkenny, whether that's true or not I don't know ( was told by staff in the Letterkenny store on Upper Main St when in to, funny enough, buy a suit).

byte wrote: »
    I was told that the one in Donegal Town had nothing to do with the one in Letterkenny, whether that's true or not I don't know ( was told by staff in the Letterkenny store on Upper Main St when in to, funny enough, buy a suit).

As far as I know, also told by a member of staff, that the owners were brothers, but were both seperate business'/operations.

All three Letterkenny branches, or at least the two on Main Street, were the same business. Not sure where the Killybegs branch fitted in.

Advertisement