Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I need to put stuff on my iPad

• 10-10-2012 2:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

Right, heres my problem...

Im going away tomorrow, I have very little on my ipad and Ive only just realised that my laptop charger is broken so Im without my own laptop & itunes.

I have the use of a second laptop but obviously not my own itunes library.

I want to know if its possible to use something like TransCopy to put video files in particular onto my ipad 2 (iOS6) and view them in either CineXplayer or AVPlayerHD.

The video files are in divx format mostly.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

copy files to ipad using sharepod

www.getsharepod.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Put them on a USB key and copy.... no, wait, it's an iPad
    Put them on a microSD and insert.... no, wait, it's an iPad

Connect it to a... no, wait, it's an iPad.

How are you supposed to put music / videos / files / books etc on those things?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25 nessabeaut

Gurgle wrote: »

Asking myself the same question. It reminds me of a phone but a bigger version :mad::mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Very simple, Drag and Drop to iTunes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

If you install iTunes, you can add your videos without needing your own library.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

by using the link in the post above yours??
    You've gotta love the android fanboys..they conveniently forget that Honeycomb when shipped with the android tablets didn't support SD and it required some manufacturers to hack together a bypass...
    I had bought a Xoom and Motorola hadn't bothered their ass doing anything about it till 3.2 which was about 4 months after I bought it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

How am i meant to put books / magazines / tv shows / movies on my nexus 7? oh i can't because google doesn't offer them in ireland :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

copy files to ipad using sharepod

www.getsharepod.com

Thanks for that! Where will my video files be displayed though? They arent itunes 'friendly' files, most are divx or mkv, this will still allow them to be played in something like AVPlayerHD?

Tazium wrote: »
    If you install iTunes, you can add your videos without needing your own library.

Theres already an itunes account on the 2nd laptop i'll be using, not my laptop or itunes account though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

kceire wrote: »
    Very simple, Drag and Drop to iTunes.

Or drag and drop to dropbox, Sugarsync, Google Drive, Sky Drive or Box. Between all of those I've got almost 60gb of cloud storage space. Use one service for movies, another for music, another for documents etc.

• Advertisement

barryd09 wrote: »
    Theres already an itunes account on the 2nd laptop i'll be using, not my laptop or itunes account though.

That's fine. Because you are using 3rd party apps (CineXplayer or AVPlayer), just connect your device, open iTunes, click the Apps tab, then scroll down to the apps that allow sharing, highlight your player, click add, find your content and away you go.

This image kinda shows it.

223920.PNG

How am i meant to put books / magazines / tv shows / movies on my nexus 7? oh i can't because google doesn't offer them in ireland :pac:
    :confused:
    If this is sarcasm, one of us isn't very good at it.

Blazer wrote: »
    by using the link in the post above yours??
    You've gotta love the android fanboys..they conveniently forget that Honeycomb when shipped with the android tablets didn't support SD and it required some manufacturers to hack together a bypass...
    I had bought a Xoom and Motorola hadn't bothered their ass doing anything about it till 3.2 which was about 4 months after I bought it.
    Not fanboy-ing, genuine question.
    You have a home movie on your PC, you want to play it on your iPad.
    What's the official (Apple approved) way of doing so?

Not fanboy-ing, genuine question.
    You have a home movie on your PC, you want to play it on your iPad.
    What's the official (Apple approved) way of doing so?

If the content is MP4, add it your iTunes Library and sync it.
    If the content is anything else, use an app. (CineXPlayer, AVPlayer etc.) there is a bunch of them available in the app store supporting a wide range of formats and codecs.

Tazium wrote: »
    That's fine. Because you are using 3rd party apps (CineXplayer or AVPlayer), just connect your device, open the apps tab and add content in the usual way. I do this regularly from different machines.

Excellent, I'll give that a shot later on.

Nice one, thanks

Advertisement