Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Record teletext as a video to a PC

• 10-10-2012 3:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭

Bit of an unusual query - I'm looking for ways to capture WST teletext to a video file. I have an NTL box and a video capture device for the PC and have already recorded teletext by:

Pressing text button on NTL remote, the text is "inserted" into the picture
    Recording to VCR
    Connecting VCR to PC via the video capture device

I presume that I can bypass the VCR step above and capture the output from the NTL box.

But what I would like to do is use the text button on the TV remote and capture the text as it appears. Is this even possible and if so how would I go about it? Can teletext displayed on a TV screen in this way be sent to a PC? I have looked at a few TVs and didn't see any output connectors, just inputs.

Is there a way of connecting the NTL box to the PC and use the PC to decode and display the text like the TV would.

Is there any other way I could go about this (apart from setting up a camcorder and pointing it at the TV!)

Thanks

Advertisement