Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does house insurance cover wedding rings?

Options
  • 10-10-2012 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

hi there, i will be getting married soon and am going to collect our wedding rings tomorrow, the value of the rings is €2150.

I am wondering if this is covered by house insurance, or would i need to specify them on the cover or anything? my house insurance is with allianz. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Phone Allianz but yes, you do need to specify the rings.

You have cover for valuables etc but there will be a limit per item and an overall limit which is a percentage of your overall sum insured.

You are far better off to specify the rings in any case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Likely you need to specify them. Certainly don't assume coverage. Get them valued on paper too and take photos to help the assessor/Gardaí if something happens. My mother's rings were specified separately incurring an additional cost of ~€40 pa pro rated to your value.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭montzarella

Thank you, I will give Allianz a shout so.

Advertisement