Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Speeds

Options
  • 10-10-2012 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm on the up to 8mb broadband package. At best I get 2mb/s although in the past I was able to get 3mb/s.

If I put my phone number into the line checker tool on your website I get offered speeds of up to 24mb.

I desperately need faster speeds however I don't trust that if I upgrade to 24mb I will actually receive anything better than the 2mb/s I currently achieve, no where near the 8mb/s possible.

Please advise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Can anything be done to push a faster speed on the line etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

Hi there,

I'm on the up to 8mb broadband package. At best I get 2mb/s although in the past I was able to get 3mb/s.

If I put my phone number into the line checker tool on your website I get offered speeds of up to 24mb.

I desperately need faster speeds however I don't trust that if I upgrade to 24mb I will actually receive anything better than the 2mb/s I currently achieve, no where near the 8mb/s possible.

Please advise

Hi TechnoFreek

The absolute maximum speed your line can hold is 3mb. Can you try going through our broadband checklist to see if this improves the speed. If so we can then try increase you profile up to 3mb.

Regards
    Linda

Hi Linda, I've gone through that checklist except for the last part of contacting tech support!
    There are no changes to my speeds.

The thing is that I used to 3mb/s just fine. I've made no changes to my setup and for the past while I only get 2mb. In fact for a while I was only getting 1.5 mb/s but it went back to 2 itself.
    Again no change on my side.

Can you push 3mb/s onto my line and let me see how it behaves?

Hi Linda, I've gone through that checklist except for the last part of contacting tech support!
    There are no changes to my speeds.

The thing is that I used to 3mb/s just fine. I've made no changes to my setup and for the past while I only get 2mb. In fact for a while I was only getting 1.5 mb/s but it went back to 2 itself.
    Again no change on my side.

Can you push 3mb/s onto my line and let me see how it behaves?

Hi TechnoFreek

Thanks for going through the checklist, I have retested your line speeds again and there's no improved in the results. I know I have said we'll try increase the speed to 3mb but at the moment that won't make much of a difference. Can you PM me your mobile number and I can arrange for managers in support to call you to look into this in more detail?

Regards
    Linda

Thanks Linda. Can I ask why pushing the line to 3mb/s wouldnt make much of a difference?
    It would be a big jump for me considering my current speed!

• Advertisement

Thanks Linda. Can I ask why pushing the line to 3mb/s wouldnt make much of a difference?

Hi TechnoFreek

Looking at the stats it doesn't seem like it would have made much of a difference but I have requested for the line to be bumped up to the maximum (3mb). Can you monitor this over the next 24 hours and if you don't see an improvement you will need to call broadband technical support on 1890 260 260 (8am -10pm, 7 days) as they have access to more support systems then we do here.

Regards
    Linda

Hi TechnoFreek

Looking at the stats it doesn't seem like it would have made much of a difference but I have requested for the line to be bumped up to the maximum (3mb). Can you monitor this over the next 24 hours and if you don't see an improvement you will need to call broadband technical support on 1890 260 260 (8am -10pm, 7 days) as they have access to more support systems then we do here.

Regards
    Linda

Thanks for that Linda. Do you mind me asking how you knew which line to check as I havent given my landline phone number yet! Confused!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

Hi L

I'm on the 8mb package and currently getting speeds of 2mb. I'm also experiencing frequent disconnection.

Can you have a look at my line/connection please?

Thanks for that Linda. Do you mind me asking how you knew which line to check as I havent given my landline phone number yet! Confused!

Hi TechnoFreek

No worries, I got your details from our case history from when you contacted us previously. If you suspect that were looking at a different account PM me you telephone number just to confirm.

Regards
    Linda

Thanks for that Linda. Do you mind me asking how you knew which line to check as I havent given my landline phone number yet! Confused!

Hi TechnoFreek

No worries, I got you details from our case history from when you contacted us previously. If you suspect that were looking at a different account PM me you telephone number just to confirm.

Regards
    Linda

That's what I presumed! Number still the same. Thanks again.

• Advertisement

ToadVine wrote: »
    Hi L

I'm on the 8mb package and currently getting speeds of 2mb. I'm also experiencing frequent disconnection.

Can you have a look at my line/connection please?

Hi ToadVine

Thanks for sending your details, I will look into this and get back to you shortly.

Regards
    Linda

Advertisement