Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outbreak Zombie Festival!

• 10-10-2012 3:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭

The Reoutbreakening ;):p

Letting ye all know the details of this years festival, any questions, post away :D

Building on the success of last years inaugural event, Limerick sees the return of Outbreak Festival this October 25th to 27th. The Zombie themed charity festival sees a number of events take part over three days and nights across the city centre. Organiser Mike McLoughlin has this to say: "In spite of the heavy rain we encountered last year, the people of Limerick came out in their thousands to support last years event. We had Breakdancers, marching bands, musicians, make up artists, fire breathers and zombies in their hundreds all coming together to create this unique event, and raise money for a very worthy cause." That cause was the Cliona Ring Foundation, who are again set to benefit from the Festival events. Outbreak has also added the Mid-West Simon Community to this years supported charities. "Both charities are very popular with Limerick people, Cliona's Foundation helping relieve the financial pressure on families with terminally ill children, and Mid-West Simon doing incredible work with the homeless of Limerick. We are delighted to be able to help both charities."
    This year promises to be even bigger, with some details of the events starting to be released. Thursday night, October 25th, sees Mo Cinema showcase local and international zombie films at their popular regular event in Cobblestone Joes. Friday 26th, Mid-west Simon Community plays host to The Rocky Horror Picture Show, with a movie screening in the Clarion followed by fancy dress 70s Disco! Saturday is the big one though, the Zombie Walk! The city centre will become infested with more and more zombies from lunchtime, with street performances, face-painters, and live music from 2pm. The walk itself is scheduled to take place from 5pm, winding through the Limerick city streets towards the official after party, the Hallowedding in Aubars. "Aubars have been fantastic in their support this year, after seeing just how great the event was last year, they knew that their popular Hallowedding event would be a perfect fit into the festivities!"
    If you would like to be involved or feel you have something you could add to this years event, please get in touch at facebook.com/outbreakfestival or at outbreakfestival@hotmail.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Woohoo, better than Christmas :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Sweet, will pop along for a few pics. Missed it last year!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Any plans to get info on the festival into the local papers again this time around? Or a bit of radio coverage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

trying to sort a press release ASAP, and as always, am available for interviews etc if people wish.

any ideas for a photoshoot this year?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

zuroph wrote: »

Make sure to contact the make-up artists from last year again anyway. Those people were unreal.

Maybe do something near the Dockers Memorial by Clohessy's if you're feeling brave. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Make sure to contact the make-up artists from last year again anyway. Those people were unreal.

Maybe do something near the Dockers Memorial by Clohessy's if you're feeling brave. :pac:

Hahaha brilliant, cemetery or castle I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I would offer to help with photos before the Walk, but I'm not sure if I can (I'll try make sure I'm around for the walk)

But if you are stuck, gimmie a text, and I'll try do some shots for you! Just outta hospital again, so I've to take it easy for a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Nevermind, Strike that, I've a large group of photographers interested in taking part and documenting it. I'll get onto you on Facebook about it during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Did this go ahead at all?

• Advertisement

yup, big crowd over the weekend. www.facebook.com/outbreakfestival for pics, there's also a bit in the back of the post from our after party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Great event, well done to everyone who took part.

14148_10151512448562178_1027191898_n.jpg

523367_10151512479792178_135977417_n.jpg

665169_10151512502347178_1182743713_o.jpg

78153_10151510400687178_911778136_o.jpg

615862_10151510374287178_1293728698_o.jpg

201196_10151510354752178_1443491297_o.jpg

404352_10151510291627178_1005820753_n.jpg

53476_10151510329057178_2105745885_o.jpg

More photos at http://www.facebook.com/davidwoodlandphotography

Advertisement