Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport Photos On CD/USB

Options
  • 10-10-2012 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for somewhere in Dublin where I can get passport photos taken and get them on a CD/USB rather than print format.
    They're for a visa application so they need to be proper.
    Does anyone know anywhere that provides that service and how much does it cost?

Thanks,

Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

you need:
    digital camera, tripod, white wall. then re-size the image according to the measurements the application needs.
    any place that 'does' passport photos will do exactly the same for about 7 quid. just give them your memory card when they take the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Manuva

Pretty much any Pharmacy can do this for you I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭MadMardegan

Just got it done in town, right behind Brown Thomas on Grafton Street in a place called "Conns Cameras".

€15 euro, but it's exactly what I needed and only took 15 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

If it's for the US Diversity lottery there seems to be two places recommended, one being somewhere beside the embassy (presume it's a pharmacy). The other is the camera shop on the St. Stephen's Green end of Grafton Street. €20 there according to posters on the Green Card thread in the US forum.

athtrasna wrote: »
    If it's for the US Diversity lottery there seems to be two places recommended, one being somewhere beside the embassy (presume it's a pharmacy). The other is the camera shop on the St. Stephen's Green end of Grafton Street. €20 there according to posters on the Green Card thread in the US forum.

Well the place I went to did a great job and only cost €15.
    I told them it was for the Diversity Lottery and they resized it perfectly and checked it on the photo validator before selling it to me on a disc.
    Worked perfectly, great customer service, very quick... Very happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I'm getting mine done on Saturday so thanks for the tip, that €5 saved is better in my pocket ;)

athtrasna wrote: »
    I'm getting mine done on Saturday so thanks for the tip, that €5 saved is better in my pocket ;)

It was €9.99 for regular print and €15 for a cd with lottery quality pic.

If you're entering the lottery, best of luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Camera Exchange on Sth Gt George's St (near Decwell's hardware) do good work for €10 incl 4 prints. I'd say they would put them on a card or USB stick as well for no extra charge. Possibly less than €10 if you don't want prints.....

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Or you can try this website and burn the image onto a cd.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,429 ✭✭✭✭Victor

you need:
    digital camera, tripod, white wall.
    Some photos require a specific colour background.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Victor wrote: »

you need, digital camera, tripod, specific colour wall

cant solve all your problems, some you'll have to do your self

(ps, large sheets of paper can be found in many colours for a fraction of the cost of what a pharmacy will charge you, and many image softwares can alter the colour of a background)

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bette

de foto on the pasport is in black and woite loike so de bakground is irelavent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

No its not irrelevant, background should be on white for the passport.

Also, please use your whole keyboard next time, text speak is not allowed.

mmcn90 wrote: »
    No its not irrelevant, background should be on white for the passport.

Also, please use your whole keyboard next time, text speak is not allowed.

Wrong! The passport has a monochrome photo! Is that better?

Sorry, but you're wrong, background must be white or grey because of the biometric system.

Btw, I worked for the passport office ;)

+1 for Conn's Cameras.

I usually get my photos done in pharmacies and I've always found it to be a really uncomfortable experience. Lots of posing your face for ages, standing still, waiting, multiple photos, faffing about, trying not to blink while they take ages etc. When I went to Conn's it was fast, easy, friendly and took no time at all.

Sorry, but you're wrong, background must be white or grey because of the biometric system.

Btw, I worked for the passport office ;)

I quoted:
    Wrong! The passport has a monochrome photo! Is that better?

Now, according to the official guidelines you may note that;

Photos 1D and 2D have a mid grey background = monochrome
    Photos 3D and 5D have a white background = monochrome and
    Photo 4D has a light grey = monochrome.

Two of the photos displayed are RGB but the background is grey or white = monochrome.

Finally, the photos submitted will be displayed in monochrome on the actual passport.

If you really work in the passport office, it's very probable that you have issued quite a few passports for forms submitted by me, in monochrome as I have produce a good number of photographs.

Now as I may sound belligerent or cheeky you may feel free to ban me. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 78,429 ✭✭✭✭Victor

bette wrote: »
    Wrong! The passport has a monochrome photo!

No, depending on the purpose of the photo, there may be a requirement to have a white, grey or dark background, No every country or purpose is the same.

@Bette, you said the colour is irrelevant, so are you telling me you think it is fine to submit a photo on a dark blue background? Which was my point. Light Grey, White and Cream fine, because as you said yourself it goes to monochrome. But my point was, it must be a light colour, as with all the examples I posted. Therefore, the colour is not irrelevant!

This really is a stupid debate. The rules are literally there in black and white.

• Advertisement

@Bette, you said the colour is irrelevant, so are you telling me you think it is fine to submit a photo on a dark blue background? Which was my point. Light Grey, White and Cream fine, because as you said yourself it goes to monochrome. But my point was, it must be a light colour, as with all the examples I posted. Therefore, the colour is not irrelevant!

This really is a stupid debate. The rules are literally there in black and white.

And the photo in the passport in in monochrome. By the way, I'm sure you are aware, as the fine nitpicker you are, that nits are light grey and turn to mid grey when they turn into lice.

You'll be quoting me Pantone colours next.:P

I'm out, this is circular. And as you should be aware at this stage, attack the post not the poster.

I'm out, this is circular. And as you should be aware at this stage, attack the post not the poster.
    Bye:cool:

Advertisement