Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another 90 day visa waiver question

Options
  • 10-10-2012 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Can I fly to the USA under the 90 day visa waiver on a one-way ticket?...ie when I get there I can decide when to return to Ireland? (obviously within the 90 days)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Nope. From the State Dept website:
    If arriving by air or sea, they are traveling on an approved carrier (See the approved carriers list) and have a return trip ticket to any foreign destination;

Also be mindful of;
    They can demonstrate the intent to stay 90 days or less in the United States and demonstrate sufficient funds to support themselves while in the United States. Learn more on the CBP website.

USIT and the like used to sell tickets that you could change the return date for about €50. Might be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rover600

Thanks Rascasse,
    in fact I just checked the price of a one-way ticket and it`s more expensive than a return ticket so that`s that idea knocked on the head on two counts...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Buy a flexible economy ticket rather than a discount economy and you should be able to change the return date. Would cost several hundred more probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

I flew on a one way ticket and had no problem at all, havent decided if going back to ireland or returning to colombia so couldnt book a return

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rover600

I would be afraid to chance it if the rules say that a return ticket is required to travel there though.
    I booked my tickets today, I`m leaving on the 31st oct and returning on the 28th jan...I have a function to attend on 2nd nov and a wedding on 17th nov, then I`m going to friends for xmas in Denver then I have a 50th birthday party on 26th jan (the actual birthday is on the 28th thats why I`m leaving it till then to leave)....but this uses the full 90 days so I hope theres no delay in leaving or I might end up in Guantanamo...:).....if I do I would really appreciate some Tayto crisps and a bottle of Ribena..:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement