Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

harddrive upgrade help

Options
  • 10-10-2012 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm currently upgrading my laptop it's a dell inspiron 1300 spec 256mb ram ,40gb ide harddrive and celeron m processor 1. 6 ghz. OK so I've put in the Max ram of 2gb and now I'm looking at harddrive there are two options wd 1200beve 120 gb and as far as I know it should work but there is also a Hitachi hts541616j9atoo ,160gb but I'm unsure if this one will work in my laptop and was wondering if anyone knew? Also will I have to update the BIOS or can I just put in the new harddrive and install a new os straight away? Currently I have No os as my old drive broke down also I don't have the BIOS cd as it's such an old laptop any help would be a great help thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Hard drives > 120 GB seem to be trouble.

You really want to invest money into a Celeron laptop with an IDE drive and Intel GMA 900 graphics?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

Torqay wrote: »
    Hard drives > 120 GB seem to be trouble.

You really want to invest money into a Celeron laptop with an IDE drive and Intel GMA 900 graphics?
    Thanks for the response I do get where your coming from but the harddrive is only 50 euro ram 10, and processor 30 so for 90 euro it probably worth doing be a sound laptop for internet browsing is all I was thinking ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

10 Euro more will get your a Runcore 32 GB PATA solid state disk.

Not cheap but much better than a HDD, think about it.

Advertisement