Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from Airtricity to EI - MPRN issue

Options
  • 10-10-2012 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, was wondering if you could help me out with something? I'm filling out the online switch over site you have and I've hit a bit of a snag. When I get to the part where EI are looking for my MPRN it says that it should be on my bill. I do not receive paper bills, the online summary doesn't show what my MPRN is, and when I try to get a PDF they offer it's saying they can't give it to me because of an error on their side.

Isn't the MPRN the ID of the meter for my house? I had a look at it and nothing is grabbing me. I'll have another look now, but shouldn't my MPRN be actually on the meter itself somewhere?

Thanks in advance guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Abi,

The bill or any other correspondence from the supplier are the only places you'd find the MPRN. It would not be on the meter itself - the RM serial number is what is on the meter.

Would you have any other relevant correspondence filed away?

Regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Hi Abi,

The bill or any other correspondence from the supplier are the only places you'd find the MPRN. It would not be on the meter itself - the RM serial number is what is on the meter.

Would you have any other relevant correspondence filed away?

Regards,
    Una

Thanks for the reply Una. I don't think I have anything because I opted for online billing from the start. I will have a look though. I was sort of avoiding ringing them for it because I don't know what else you would need that number for unless you were switching over. I don't want them trying to talk me into sticking with them to be honest with you.

I'll have a look about anyway just on the off chance I have anything, if I can't find anything I'll just have to make the call I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again Abi,

If you have ever been an ESB/Electric Ireland customer, we might be able to find the MPRN on our system - not for definite as it can depend on the time-frame since, but if you like, we could have a look, if you private message us your name and the RM serial number on the meter.

Regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Hi again Abi,

If you have ever been an ESB/Electric Ireland customer, we might be able to find the MPRN on our system - not for definite as it can depend on the time-frame since, but if you like, we could have a look, if you private message us your name and the RM serial number on the meter.

Regards,
    Una

Oh thats great, fingers crossed anyway! :) I'll drop you a PM now, and hopefully I can switch over today. I'll grab the RM number now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

ESB Networks would have your MPRN on record.

• Advertisement
Advertisement