Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is everything turning electronic?

Options
  • 10-10-2012 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi,

I was recently in the Maynooth branch wanting to lodge a cheque. I was in the minute they opened in the morning - no one else there.

The woman refused to serve me and told me to go to the machine to lodge it. I said I didn't want to use it - i don't like using computors because of my eyesight- i'm hard set to use the atm - so I asked her to lodge it there and then. She refused again and I asked her why - to which she couldn't answer and was very rude to me and suggested that I should know better as a student. (to which I'm not - I may look like a student, but I've been working hard this last 2 years)

What is with all these machines now in BOI and lack of contact between customers and staff?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

It's cost cutting. They want to reduce the number of customer-facing staff.

They are supposed to have a staff member available to assist people in using the lodgement machine.

I would write to the manager of the branch and complain about the treatment you received.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,369 ✭✭✭Tow

Can BOI supply us with their official policy for assisting the visually impaired with their banking needs?

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 allyJay

I'm sure all this has been mentioned a million times, but BOI are wreaking my head lately, forcing me to use machines, when I'd rather deal with a human and now they tell me I will no longer be able to buy a draft for less than 500. .this is going to making paying my car insurance a nightmare, I will have to drive to the bank, withdraw the cash, drive back to the post office and buy a postal order.
    I don't want to deal with the machines, but I could do it, I do wonder what they're going to do for their older loyal customers, who more than likely don't owe the bank so much as a penny, and who can't use the machines, for one reason or another.
    I also don't like the bullying attitude that has been present in the last 6 months or so, whereby there's a woman, not a normal member of staff walking up and down the queue, questioning people about their transactions and trying to force people to use the one self service machine in the branch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi,

We apologise for the issue you had during your recent visit to our branch.

We can confirm that we have procedures in place for dealing with visually impaired customers.
    We have introduced lodgement ATMs to offer our customers a more efficient way of banking with us and our staff are available to help customers with their transactions. If customers have difficulty using the new devices, it is possible to continue to use our cashier services where available. We apologise that this was not your experience.
    As always we appreciate your feedback and it has been passed back to the branch.

Thank you for your queries.
    Laura

Advertisement