Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dyed blonde hair looking for temporary pink dye solution.

Options
  • 10-10-2012 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hey all,
    So with Halloween coming up, I decided I'd go with the aul Nicki Minaj 'Super Bass' look.
    As I've recently dyed my hair blonde (all over highlights) I'm a bit worried with dying it the required pink so I'm wondering do any of ye know a good temporary pink dye solution that wouldn't effect the blonde long term? Also, if it was a little water resistant (let's face it, it's October in Ireland, it's gonna rain that night!) that'd be even awesomer.

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 JaneCompti

Here's a link from Marie Claire that might help: http://www.marieclaire.com/fashion/style-blog/bright-hair-dye

http://www.colormarkpro.com/

I haven't used any of them and they also don't appear to be waterproof! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Would a wig not be a better idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I use semi-permament dye in my hair, has never affected the blonde but my hair isn't highlighted though.

Depending on what brand and colour you get could last anywhere from a week to 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭CamillaRhodes

As someone who used to choose to dye their hair pink, not just for halloween (!), be warned that on bleached hair (which I guess is most if not all of your hair) the "temporary" pink dye will still last at least 10-14 days; i only used to re-dye mine every 3 weeks. I have brown hair and had bleached the crown and streaks - the pink would wash out of my natural, unbleached hair pretty quickly (it would be unnoticeable after a day or two) but the bleached bits continued to shine out a radiant pink. I guess the absorption is different or something (as well, of course, as the fact you're putting a stronger colour over a lighter).

TBH i'm not sure if you'd ever get your highlights back to a nice light blonde either, my "blonde" underneath the pink was pretty brassy when the pink was washing out.

A wig would be safer for Halloween.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭nirzenra

Thanks very much for your replies, you guys. Picked up a wig to be on the safe side in the end.

• Advertisement
Advertisement