Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 month wait for Orthopedic in Coombe?

Options
  • 10-10-2012 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

My little girl is almost 10 weeks and the GP suspects there may be something slightly wrong with her left hip. She referred us to the Coombe almost four weeks ago. We got called to the Baby Clinic after two weeks where the doctor on duty said she should be referred to Orthopedics. A week passed without receiving notification of an appointent in the post so I went to the Coombe only to be told there is a FOUR month waiting list to see the Orthopedic doctors. Does anybody know if I go private elsewhere would she be seen any quicker?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

RIng them and see and even ring the Coombe and ask about private waiting times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ask your GP to refer you for xray in Temple Street if it's a clicky hip they are worried about. You can walk in and be seen that day (think it's between 10-12) and the results are sent to your GP and he can refer you on from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I think mount Carmel do

Advertisement