Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for PSU with quick delivery

Options
  • 10-10-2012 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    corsair 650w psu which has been fine for a year has started blowing the fuse in the plug.
    Tested the pc with an old psu, boots up fine, but need 2 pcie plugs to power the graphics card.

Tried maplin and pc world Galway, nothing suits for the prices/brands in stock.

So, I need a decent 650w at least, with 2 pcie plugs.
    Are there any companies online which are genuinely situated in Ireland which deliver fairly quickly?

Not looking to spend a fortune, decent at a decent price will suffice.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Maxburns.ie worth a try, located in Tallaght

patch wrote: »
    Hi,
    corsair 650w psu which has been fine for a year has started blowing the fuse in the plug.
    Tested the pc with an old psu, boots up fine, but need 2 pcie plugs to power the graphics card.

Tried maplin and pc world Galway, nothing suits for the prices/brands in stock.

So, I need a decent 650w at least, with 2 pcie plugs.
    Are there any companies online which are genuinely situated in Ireland which deliver fairly quickly?

Not looking to spend a fortune, decent at a decent price will suffice.

Thanks in advance.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

I ordered a psu from elara there a few weeks ago..fast delivery...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭patch

Monotype wrote: »
    What's the system that it's going to power - i.e., do you you actually need a 650

Hi, it's a quad core CPU and a single geforcegtx 285.
    I may upgrade to a better graphics card in the future but won't be over clocking.
    I'm actually about to pull the trigger on an ocz 500w Corextreme for 40euro on dabs.ie
    http://www.dabs.ie/products/ocz-technology-500w-corexstream-series-power-supply-8174.html

I reckon as you suspected, 650 is overkill. Having the last one die has me future proofing a bit less this time!

Thanks for the help guys.

I wouldn't go for that PSU - a brand new line with no reviews.
    A good one to go for would be XFX's 550W one, but that seems to have disappeared from both dabs and amazon who used to stock them.

I think you'd be far better off with OCZ's ZS line than the CoreXstreme.

• Advertisement

I think you'd be far better off with OCZ's ZS line than the CoreXstreme.

Cheers for that, potentially dodged a bullet there so.
    Once again I'll probably go for the 650watt as there is only a few quid difference between the 550 and 650 in the ocz zs line.

There's the ZT line too which is modular, although people tend to say that they're noisy.

There's the ZT line too which is modular, although people tend to say that they're noisy.

Yeah I swore the next one I bought would be modular, but I can't really justify the additional cost.
    Thanks, you've been a great help!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

I have an xfx pro 750w for sale on adverts, 65 inc delivery if it would be of any interest to you.

spix wrote: »
    I have an xfx pro 750w for sale on adverts, 65 inc delivery if it would be of any interest to you.

Hi, that would have been great if I hadn't ordered already!
    Cheers anyway and good luck with selling it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement