Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neil Young

• 10-10-2012 5:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭

Would anyone be into forming a good Neil Young tribute band?

Kildare/West Wicklow area

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭MacMurphy

crunchy62 wrote: »
    Would anyone be into forming a good Neil Young tribute band?

Kildare/West Wicklow area

I might be interested but It would help us all if you could confirm more of your plan and what you have and need.

Do you play an instrument. Do you see yourself as the Neil Young part. Have you any other musicians on board yet? Have you a PA and a place to rehearse.

And will you be able to get gigs for the band?

I am an experienced singer and play basic guitar and some harmonica. I think there may be an opening for a good NY band. But it would need top musicians with proper gear and good contacts for gigs.

Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭crunchy62

The idea here is to put together a serious Neil Young tribute band.

So step 1 would involve getting a number of top musicians together.

Guitar (acoustic and electric) and vocals/harmonica (me). I can sing quite like Neil Young. I'm good on acoustic and harmonica. I'm not much good on lead but I can practice .... Neil Young's lead playing is a bit rough anyway!

Second guitar (Rhythm/lead)

Pedal steel (hoping that maybe to combine steel and guitar player)

Bass

Drums

Piano/Organ (hoping to share this with some other band member)

Backing vocalist (other band members plus female vocalist)

So four to five band members.

Step 2.

Rehearse for a couple of months and record audio/video demo. - I have rehearsal space,

basic P.A. and recording space. I can also engineer

Step 3. Approach booking agents with audio/video demo

Step 4. Two to three good paying gigs each week

That's the idea anyway. Shoot me down if you like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭MacMurphy

crunchy62 wrote: »
    The idea here is to put together a serious Neil Young tribute band.

So step 1 would involve getting a number of top musicians together.

Guitar (acoustic and electric) and vocals/harmonica (me). I can sing quite like Neil Young. I'm good on acoustic and harmonica. I'm not much good on lead but I can practice .... Neil Young's lead playing is a bit rough anyway!

Second guitar (Rhythm/lead)

Pedal steel (hoping that maybe to combine steel and guitar player)

Bass

Drums

Piano/Organ (hoping to share this with some other band member)

Backing vocalist (other band members plus female vocalist)

So four to five band members.

Step 2.

Rehearse for a couple of months and record audio/video demo. - I have rehearsal space,

basic P.A. and recording space. I can also engineer

Step 3. Approach booking agents with audio/video demo

Step 4. Two to three good paying gigs each week

That's the idea anyway. Shoot me down if you like!
    Sorry crunchy

I didn't mean to sound critical. It's just my own recent bitter experience has been bad. I joined a Bryan Adams band with 4 other guys that I was told was only a few rehearsals away from gigging. We couldn't even rehearse after a while cos of 2 unreliable drummers. So it folded without ever gigging.

Band before that folded cos drummer and lead guitarist wanted to play spinal tap 11 volume all the time and pissed off venues.

The less people in band the less chance of arse falling out of it. Gigs are a hard sell as well. Loads of tribute bands competing so a video may not do. It's all about knowing people.

Best of luck though genuinely

No worries!

Neil Young has a massive following and I think it would work.

Otherwise I'm open to starting up a 2 or 3 piece acoustic thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭miniroar

There's a Neil young tribute called the Harvest playing in the slaughtered lamb in swords sat 20th Oct just if you want to check another tribute out see what their doing etc, hav'nt seen them myself just saw it advertised

• Advertisement

"There's a Neil young tribute called the Harvest playing in the slaughtered lamb in swords sat 20th Oct just if you want to check another tribute out see what their doing etc, hav'nt seen them myself just saw it advertised"

Thanks, I've already checked them out. No offence to the lads but I want to create a much more accurate line up both
    musically and visually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭miniroar

No point copying the copiers I suppose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 phil h

Hi there, I'd be interested in this big time. Big Neil young fan and playing lead guitar in bands the last 15 years, already have good quality gear and good pa gear if needs be.. Let me know how this pans out, drop me a line if your organising a rehearsal, might be able to get a drummer and bass player involved if needed... Cheers, Phil..

Thanks to everyone who replied. I'll pm everyone who expressed an interest
    over the next week.

Advertisement