Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB standing order help!!

Options
  • 10-10-2012 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I had set up a standing order to pay rent for the 3rd of each month. The money had gone out fine but a week later it was returned to my account with
    BSC UNPD in the statement online.

Meanwhile I got a phone call from the landlord wondering where the rent is! I went back online and did a money transfer just using the same details as was in the SO today, I fear the money will just be returned in a week. Can anyone tell me why the money was returned to my account??

Is it possible the landlord gave me the wrong bank details?

Thanks in advance.
    Barry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Hi,
    I had set up a standing order to pay rent for the 3rd of each month. The money had gone out fine but a week later it was returned to my account with
    BSC UNPD in the statement online.

Meanwhile I got a phone call from the landlord wondering where the rent is! I went back online and did a money transfer just using the same details as was in the SO today, I fear the money will just be returned in a week. Can anyone tell me why the money was returned to my account??

Is it possible the landlord gave me the wrong bank details?

Thanks in advance.
    Barry.

Ok first question is was the money available when the standing order went out. Realistically the money would be required to be there by close of business the day prior to when the standing order is due to go out. Some people put the money in the day of the standing order and expect it to go through but it will most of the time come back unpaid if happens this way.

If this is not the case then of course you should verify the account details are correct before you proceeded to transfer funds again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 norarafferty

I would say that you have either the wrong Sort code or account no for your landlord

Advertisement