Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost Contacts in gmail

• 10-10-2012 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Since downloading the mobile app on iPhone and Galaxy Tablet, I am unable to access my contacts in Gmail through my laptop.
    When I click Contacts, nothing happens and although they appear when I'm composing, clicking on them does not add them to an address line.
    I also cant access 'Settings' in Gmail through my laptop.
    I can receive mail, read mail, send it to various Labels etc., but thats all I can do.
    Its weird.
    Please can anyone help?
    Thank you

(Im not quite such a newbie as I look. Haven't been here for a long time and have forgotten my LogIn details, so opened a new profile)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Since downloading the mobile app on iPhone and Galaxy Tablet, I am unable to access my contacts in Gmail through my laptop.
    When I click Contacts, nothing happens and although they appear when I'm composing, clicking on them does not add them to an address line.
    I also cant access 'Settings' in Gmail through my laptop.
    I can receive mail, read mail, send it to various Labels etc., but thats all I can do.
    Its weird.
    Please can anyone help?
    Thank you

(Im not quite such a newbie as I look. Haven't been here for a long time and have forgotten my LogIn details, so opened a new profile)

Regarding the laptop issue try another web browser/clearing the browser cache/cookies etc and see if you can access settings. Also scroll to the bottom of the page and turn on basic html view, does settings work then?
    Regarding your contact sync problem, with Android I know you can manually set an application to re-sync the various datas. I'm not sure if iPhones have this option but look in the settings app for any accounts & sync related items.
    Assuming it's the iPhone you want contacts to sync from/too you may need to restore it (backup first) and see if it helps

Nick

Advertisement