Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indigestion

Options
  • 10-10-2012 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Anyone else suffering from this and does anyone think its from vaping or not smoking? sorry if it has been discussed before.

Had a chronic fit of indigestion yesterday, very painful as in couldnt move, do you think this is from vaping or just a side effect of not smoking regular ciggs and all that that entails?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Don't know about that but it could be related in that you are probably swallowing more nic than when you smoked. I tried some of those lozenges and inhalers and found them very harsh in my stomach.

Might be worth trying lower nic and seeing how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Don't know about that but it could be related in that you are probably swallowing more nic than when you smoked. I tried some of those lozenges and inhalers and found them very harsh in my stomach.

Might be worth trying lower nic and seeing how you get on.

Yeah am gonna go from 18 to 9 and see how it is, have heard that reg ciggs are good for your digestive system and when you stop smoking your digestive system gets a bit messed up without them for awhile, hope thats its.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

billybudd wrote: »
    Yeah am gonna go from 18 to 9 and see how it is, have heard that reg ciggs are good for your digestive system and when you stop smoking your digestive system gets a bit messed up without them for awhile, hope thats its.

Thanks

Smoking is terrible for your stomach - ulcer central. I've had a lot of trouble with digestive system and get regular bouts of severe heartburn. The regularity and severity of these have noticeably lessened since switching to e-cigs.

Do you have same reaction to pg as to vg liquids. Perhaps it's related to that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Smoking is terrible for your stomach - ulcer central. I've had a lot of trouble with digestive system and get regular bouts of severe heartburn. The regularity and severity of these have noticeably lessened since switching to e-cigs.

Do you have same reaction to pg as to vg liquids. Perhaps it's related to that?

Yeah it is pretty bad for it, i dont think i have reactions to pg or vg liquids as i have tried both and my bad attack of indigestion time wise was nothing to do with one or the other as im vaping nearly a month now, guess it just might be my stomach giving me a hard time as ive given it a hard time smoking for too many years, ive cut some stuff out of my diet the last few days and tbh that seems to be helping alot, i used to suffer heartburn quite alot few years ago but it went away on its own, im drink alot of water now which could contribute to my stomach cleansing itself, always drank a good bit of water but seem to have doubled my intake since starting vaping, anyway ill see what happens with the changes ive made. thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

When I smoked I used to get indigestion/heartburn occasionally. When I switched to vaping, the first two or three weeks I think I got it a bit more than before. But it has totally stopped since, even when I really pig out.

It was never as bad as what you describe though. Tbh if that's something new, you should possibly think about seeing a doctor.

As already said, in general smoking can be really bad for your digestion, and stopping should be good for it. But on the other hand there are also some digestive conditions that smoking can mask.

If you're suddenly getting severe symptoms, it may be related to stopping smoking and it may pass, it may be a reaction to something in the liquids you're using, it may be that smoking was masking something else, or it may be any number of other things entirely coincidental. The best thing would be to see a GP to be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

I found it was cased by getting juice in my mouth and swallowing it.:rolleyes:
    An early type of carto i used was bad for geting a small bit of juice at the mouthpiece every time i took a toot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I've actually got an ulcer, so when I eat certain foods, say spicy foods, I can get pretty sick. I was kind of worried about how/if it'd effect me. I've been on them... I want to say 5 months now. Not once has it caused me any problems in regards the ulcer*.

I will say what it has caused. Headaches when I first started out. Some people will say it is just being off cigarettes. It isn't that. I've gone cold turkey for significant amounts of time and not had headaches. I switched the e-liquid I was using and was fine. But when I bought a replacement to test it out, I only bought one. I guess I was afraid of getting a headache off that, too, so only got one other one to try out.

Anyway, when the one I didn't get a headache was gone, I tried out the one I had gotten a headache on. Didn't get a headache off it then. It may just be acclimating yourself to e-cigs. For reference, I've always been smoking 18 mg.

* But yeah, back to the point of this thread. All that was obviously just my experience. Hopefully it works out as well for you as it does for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I have heard that vaping is a cause of far.. call it wind, :) but not indigestion per say.
    Might be you are swallowing more air as the draw is longer than with cigs, might be the nic is too high. might be a lot of things. Best to try lower nic then change the PG/VG ratio and take your time getting used to vaping.
    Just occurred to me I cant remember any bad side effects of smoking the first few ciggs, but they were few and far between. I don't think anyone starts off with 20 a day. We do start vaping around that level though.

Advertisement