Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disconnections

Options
  • 10-10-2012 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi I have the up to 8mb broadband.I've had some issues in the past with disconnections that were constant(red light on the modem.I've had several technicians out to fix the problem but it started again recently.I had a few weeks where everything was fine.

I can pm account info if needed

I have a zyxel P-660HW-T1 v3 router and I'm connected using Ethernet.

Thank you for your time

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

carter001 wrote: »
    Hi I have the up to 8mb broadband.I've had some issues in the past with disconnections that were constant(red light on the modem.I've had several technicians out to fix the problem but it started again recently.I had a few weeks where everything was fine.

I can pm account info if needed

I have a zyxel P-660HW-T1 v3 router and I'm connected using Ethernet.

Thank you for your time

Hi carter001

Can you try disconnection all services for approximately 20 minutes. Can you then connect your phone only to see if there is any crackling/static noise. Then connect the modem only to the main socket and connect to the computer by Ethernet cable to see if the services improves. Let me know how this goes.

Regards
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭carter001

Hi Linda,

I tried everything you suggested but my internet keeps disconnecting..

Thanks
    Carter

Hi Linda,

I tried everything you suggested but my internet keeps disconnecting..

Thanks
    Carter

Hi Carter

When you connected the phone did you hear any crackling sound as this will identify whether its a line or broadband issue?

Regards
    Linda

Hi Carter

When you connected the phone did you hear any crackling sound as this will identify whether its a line or broadband issue?

Regards
    Linda

Hi Linda

When I connected the phone I did not hear any crackling sound.

Thanks for the reply.

Hi Linda,

Last night and tonight weren't as bad as the previous week..I mean I haven't had as many disconnections over the past two nights..but I stilll would like this looked into because it's an ongoing issue for me.

I don't want you to send out a technician if the internet is working.It would be a waste of time for both parties.

Thanks for all your help
    Regards
    Carter

• Advertisement

Hi Linda,

Last night and tonight weren't as bad as the previous week..I mean I haven't had as many disconnections over the past two nights..but I stilll would like this looked into because it's an ongoing issue for me.

I don't want you to send out a technician if the internet is working.It would be a waste of time for both parties.

Thanks for all your help
    Regards
    Carter

Hi carter001

I have PM you regarding this issue.

Regards
    Linda

Advertisement