Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monsters University

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Sarxos

Disney have released a new UK and Irish trailer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,985 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Beat both World War Z and Man of Steel at the US box office earning $82 million making it the second biggest opening ever for a Pixar movie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Going to see it this evening, looking forward to it (although I haven't actually seen the first one..:o )
    I figure it's a prequel so technically I can get away with it.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 victorpaul1

Wow what a movie. I watched this movies first day first show with my friends. we enjoyed this movie a lot. If i have to rate then 8.5/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Rather enjoyed this, even though it doesn't scale the heights of the original. Some very funny lines and jokes.

Biggest disappointment though was
    no end credits bloopers! bad form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭OU812

There wasn't on the original either, they only started doing that for DVD releases

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

OU812 wrote: »
    There wasn't on the original either, they only started doing that for DVD releases

Ah. I did not know that as I never saw the original in the cinema.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

OU812 wrote: »

Monster Inc had a gag reel for theatrical release over here, as Bugs life had before it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭OU812

There was an "After the credits" scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭jones

was there? dam i missed that!

• Advertisement

Went to see this earlier this evening and really enjoyed it. It was the perfect light hearted romp for a quiet evening at the cinema. Funny, sweet and with some wonderful visuals and inspired gags it's head and shoulders above any other comedy released this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

I took a bunch of my nieces & nephews to see this at the weekend. It's enjoyable but I felt it wasn't anywhere near as funny or clever as the original.It mostly prompted chuckles but few proper belly laughs from me (apart from Mike's entrance into his dorm room that was a genuine laugh out loud moment for me).

The prequel structure of the film gave me two big problems with the story:
    1) it takes too long for Mike & Sully to become friends so that for a long stretch of the movie Sully is an unlikeable jerk to Mike. 2) because it takes place before Monsters Inc they are still using the 'scream technology' so essentially you're being asked to root for characters whose job is to terrify small children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

I loved it! Mike is so cute in it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 RodStewart

Just recently watched this movie, absolutely stunning movie, really loved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Absolutely hated Monsters University. It really felt like this film rode the goodwill of the original pretty hard, kind of in the same way that the first Cars initially got a much warmer reception purely due to Pixar's track record up to then being so strong.

Was shockingly by the numbers without any kind of emotional resonance or significantly funny moments whatsoever. There was no need to see how Billy Crystal and John Goodman became friends, the relationship was fairly clearly set up in the original, Billy Crystal voicing a college student is wrong in about a thousand different ways too.
    Ignoring the Cars 2, which I haven't seen but can at least appreciate the fact they're colossal money makers, it's by far the worst thing they've put out. Something actively bad wouldn't be as bothersome as such a bland piece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Billy Crystal voicing a college student is wrong in about a thousand different ways too.

An animated monster is fine, but an animated monster at university is a stretch too far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

ThisRegard wrote: »
    An animated monster is fine, but an animated monster at university is a stretch too far?

Yes, age appropriate monsters only.

Advertisement