Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

warning to those thinking of surfing in easky

Options
  • 10-10-2012 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

As a non surfer, but live by the sea at Easky. I would just like to warn any one thinking of surfing or canoeing etc at Easky dureing the winter. The tides and currents here are a lot more powerfull than they look. Today some one was swept out to sea after being capsized in his canoe,witnessed by locals powerless to help him. My hart goes out to his family and friends. Please be carefull one person is enough

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

eggox wrote: »
    As a non surfer, but live by the sea at Easky. I would just like to warn any one thinking of surfing or canoeing etc at Easky dureing the winter. The tides and currents here are a lot more powerfull than they look. Today some one was swept out to sea after being capsized in his canoe,witnessed by locals powerless to help him. My hart goes out to his family and friends. Please be carefull one person is enough

are they ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭eggox

promethius wrote: »

are they ok?
    The helicopter and search was called of with daylight going.starting again tomoro

The helicopter and search was called of with daylight going.starting again tomoro

jesus that's cat, i really hope they're ok but it couldn't be good really.
    any word on who it was?

promethius wrote: »
    jesus that's cat, i really hope they're ok but it couldn't be good really.
    any word on who it was?

nothing on the local/national newsfeeds about this???

"Sligo Bay Lifeboat launched on service this evening to assist the Killala Coastguard and R118. An empty kayak had been found off Easkey. After an extensive search of the area, all vessels were stood down.
    Earlier this morning, we had the pleasure of welcoming the Coastal Review Committee to the station, so a busy day for all involved!"

from lifeboat FB page

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Not sure what to make of that? I wonder was it a sea kayak or were they kayak-surfing, wouldn't have been much of a wave there today I would have thought. The guy must have been out on his own?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Low Pockets

Was there any update on this. Heard nothing on the news.

Advertisement