Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HWVS delivery via UPS

Options
  • 10-10-2012 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

So I thought I had it all sussed. My hwvs order would be sent out via DHL (which is apparently like An Post in Germany??) and once it got to Ireland, it would be handed over to An Post and I'd wait a few more days for it to get to me.

Then I get delivery confirmation this morning, and it's via UPS (I don't remember picking UPS as the delivery option on hwvs, but hey), and right now it's showing for my 2 packages:

Friday, 12.10.2012, delivery to the end of the working day

It's just left Bornig Herne this evening (20:27), so I have my doubts about getting it on Friday, but if it's UPS all the way to my door, they might just make it. So can anybody tell me if the UPS delivery is basically the same as DHL and at some point they'll hand it over to An Post?

Really, what are my chances of building a new PC this weekend?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I reckon they'll hand it over to An Post. If not you'll get a surprise phonecall from UPS asking if you're around so they don't waste their time attempting to deliver the package for you.

And my guess is you're right about Friday. You'll probably see it Monday morning, especially if it is handed over to An Post.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Yeah, HWVS deliver via UPS now and don't hand it off to An Post anymore. The ETA was accurate on the last order that I placed, so I wouldn't be surprised if you got it on friday. Just make sure you are around to sign for it, as it could be delivered at any time during the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

They don't ring to confirm you're home, apparently none of the drivers carry business phones/are authorised (I was asking a rep could they call to make sure I was home).

My delivery was right on time, 3pm on the day I expected it (was quoted as being between 9am and 7pm).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

They don't ring to confirm you're home, apparently none of the drivers carry business phones/are authorised (I was asking a rep could they call to make sure I was home).

My delivery was right on time, 3pm on the day I expected it (was quoted as being between 9am and 7pm).

I've always received a call from UPS. Are you based in Dublin? AFAIK anywhere outside Dublin they do ring.

I've always received a call from UPS. Are you based in Dublin? AFAIK anywhere outside Dublin they do ring.

Galway for the first delivery (no call). I asked could I be contacted in Sligo, for my faulty item return and was told no.

Forgot to take down my tracking number, so I'm screwed atm :pac:

• Advertisement

Huh... strange. Always got a phonecall down in Athlone or Longford. Always the lovely red headed Scottish woman too :D

Maybe I missed some sort of boat there ;) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Maybe you're being stalked by scottish women :P

Anyway, I gave my delivery address as my work, so hopefully it'll arrive during working hours when I'm there. If not, I guess I'll be picking it up myself from the local UPS depot next week.

They state in the T+C that they try on 3 consecutive working days to deliver and if not it's returned (from what I remember)

Advertisement