Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E Mobile Network - any good compared to other networks coverage/strength?

Options
  • 10-10-2012 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Is the emobile network decent - how does the network compare to Vodafone or o2?

Am thinking of moving but have heard in the past problems with dropped calls.

They have a great package with a 15GB data plan that i'd never go over but is their data strength any good ?

Thanks

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Same a meteor stop I'd meteor coverage is good than e mobile will be too

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I never have any problems with dropped calls really (except in areas that are rubbish for all networks) and am on that same plan and for that price/package it really is the best on the market IMO

I will say though that their data coverage isn't great (especially outside Dublin) but to be honest it's not really a big issue for me as I have wireless access most of the time, but given the value I get on calls and texts I'm prepared to live with the occasionally poor data performance.

They do have issues with their back-office operations however but I find persistence with Customer Care will get you far - unlike 3 for example which in my experience is like dealing with the eircom voice response system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

I was with them for the last 18 months and found them to be pretty good, I thought internet speeds were excellent in the places I visited, especially down the wexford coast. There were a few outages along the way, same as meteor. Wife is on meteor, coverage is excellent too, for us.

I have now moved to O2 on a work phone, and I honestly think their internet coverage is brutal. Only Edge internet connection down in Gorey, along the Wexford coast and Brewery Road in Leopardstown of all places. Just because O2 plans are about twice the price of emobile/meteor plans, does not equal better service. Would go back to emobile/meteor in an instant if I could.

Just my 2c

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RayserSharp

Based in Curracloe and have tried them all this year. O2 doesn't work. Meteor wifi hub is very hit and miss, the 3G drops to 2G constantly, and even when you have a 3G signal you could go off for a walk while the page loads. Very weak. Vodafone is brilliant. I bought a hub that can be used by up to 5 devices. It cost me €20 including €20 free credit. It connects first time and the speed is very impressive. No more journeys into Wexford to use the internet café.

Advertisement