Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Languages Post Grads

Options
  • 10-10-2012 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Ok, so I have a few questions.

I know that in Ireland you have to do a H. Dip. in order to teach but I've only found ones that qualify you for just two languages. While I only study two in University, I have three others on top of that (not including my native language). I'm wondering is there any way that if I do the H. Dip. can I do something to get the others recognised? Or would I have to go to a degree in these and a H. Dip. all over again?

In what I'm studying, I don't do any general translation. I only translate in both of my language modules in 3rd and 4th year. Is it possible for me to do as Translation Masters? Not sure if my course counts for it since it's more about culture and literature :/

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also don't need to stay in Ireland to do a postgrad, I'm willing to move abroad if the options are better!

Advertisement