Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wexford Half Marathon & 10km April 21st

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Massive thanks to the pacemaker, a blonde girl, who yelled at me enough to get me to lift my legs and get across the line just as the clock turned 2:00:00! :)
    Chip time 1:59:37 - Onward and upward.
    QUOTE]
    belcarra wrote: »
    That definitely sounds like jcsmum!:D
    :D
    I've made it sound much worse than it was, she was probably whispering gentle words of encouragement but I was in a very delicate state at that point!!

My ears are burning :D

Glad you got in under the two hours - I did only yell at a handful of people and only at the finish line. I did get a few death stares alright, but they're the perks of the job!

Ososlo wrote: »
    i was told there would be balloons.couldn't find 2 hour pacers. not a good day for me. was on target to mile 10 but some personal issues to deal with. 5 min pb but not what i wanted so really gutted but i guess it's all going in the right direction..
    I couldn't find the 2 hour pacers either but probably just as well. First time doing a half having previously only ran a few annual charity 10 milers and came in at 1.53 so happy enough. Not sure if there's enough in the legs to take on a full in June though yet so might have to wait 'til Dublin.

Sorry you didn't see us on the day.
    We opted to wear the hi-viz time keeper bibs but unfortunately there were lots of people wearing hi-viz clothes too. In hindsight we should have taken the balloons as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

jcsmum you will be nice to all those pacers and pacess in Limerick won't you??

chinguetti wrote: »
    jcsmum you will be nice to all those pacers and pacess in Limerick won't you??

M, I'm always nice ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

jcsmum wrote: »
    We opted to wear the hi-viz time keeper bibs but unfortunately there were lots of people wearing hi-viz clothes too. In hindsight we should have taken the balloons as well.

Should of put ye in the Wexford Jerseys for the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Should of put ye in the Wexford Jerseys for the day.
    Sure there were loads of them too. It will get to the stage where we'll have to pace in fancy dress. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

jcsmum wrote: »

thanks for responding jcsmum, but to be honest, I was very disappointed yesterday not to spot you. I saw a signs for expected finishing times on the poles but no pacers that were obvious to me as I was just looking for balloons. If they're not going to be used in future years I'd suggest the organisers don't advertise pacers with balloons in the race literature. Bibs just won't work as you don't know what runners are going to wear on the day, plus, I thought one of the main ideas behind having pacers in a race was that one could spot them from a distance away, and not have to run right behind them to keep them in sight. One of the main reasons I wanted to do this race was so that I could have my first experience of not having to pace myself and also to gain practice of following pacers for DCM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

I'm currently uploading my photos from the event to Flickr. My upload speed is not great so it's going to take a few hours. If anyone sees a picture in my set that doesn't show their good side - i.e. you want it taken down - please just PM me the hyperlink and I'll take it down at the earliest opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    I'm currently uploading my photos from the event to Flickr. My upload speed is not great so it's going to take a few hours. If anyone sees a picture in my set that doesn't show their good side - i.e. you want it taken down - please just PM me the hyperlink and I'll take it down at the earliest opportunity.

Good man! How does one see them? Link? Thanks :)

Patience! :p The first 200 are only 1/4 uploaded so far so I'll have to leave the PC on all night and it'll therefore be tomorrow before I can post a link. The good news is that I got you in quite a few!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek: You've got a couple of me looking like an absolute state, all I'll say is be kind - photoshop is a ladies friend :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Ososlo wrote: »
    thanks for responding jcsmum, but to be honest, I was very disappointed yesterday not to spot you. I saw a signs for expected finishing times on the poles but no pacers that were obvious to me as I was just looking for balloons. If they're not going to be used in future years I'd suggest the organisers don't advertise pacers with balloons in the race literature. Bibs just won't work as you don't know what runners are going to wear on the day, plus, I thought one of the main ideas behind having pacers in a race was that one could spot them from a distance away, and not have to run right behind them to keep them in sight. One of the main reasons I wanted to do this race was so that I could have my first experience of not having to pace myself and also to gain practice of following pacers for DCM.
    I can understand your disappointment Ososlo, I did notice myself that the pacers weren’t very obvious. I passed the 1:45 at one stage when we were doubling back in the castle grounds and only for the gang of people, I don’t think I would have spotted them. Try not to worry too much about DCM, you’ve loads of time to follow pacers before then. I think it’s more important to learn to pace yourself as you’ll come across more races than not that don’t have pacers or don’t have them for the time you’re going for. I think DCM was the first time I had ever ran with pacers come to think of it!

Sorry to hear you’re disappointed with your time, I feel your pain, you’re the exact same as me, 5 min PB but not what I was hoping for. It must have been one of those days!

ncmc wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek: You've got a couple of me looking like an absolute state, all I'll say is be kind - photoshop is a ladies friend :o

No photoshop needed N - though yourself and Stephen featured strongly, I also got Druss, Belcarra, guinang and possibly a few others, including a stray cripple we picked up on the way.

Left the pc uploading overnight. Got up this morning and found it had stalled on one file so nothing uploaded. Only in now so will upload again tomorrow (might try shrinking them this time).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Hi Dilbert,

I'd love to see these too. I looked at the official shots and I look dreadful in all of them. Maybe I'll look slightly less bad in some of yours :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

pointer28 wrote: »
    Hi Dilbert,

I'd love to see these too. I looked at the official shots and I look dreadful in all of them. Maybe I'll look slightly less bad in some of yours :-)

Where did you see the official shots?! Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

You'll find them here - hopefully all the permissions are ok and you can see them. I've reduced the size of them significantly to speed the upload.

Like I said already, if you see one of you that's not the most flattering, let me know via PM and I'll take it down ASAP.

If you do see one of you that you like, PM me your e-mail address and I'll happily send you the original full-resolution version FOC for your own private use - though please consider making a small donation to the Billy Riordan Memorial Trust, my charity for 2013. (As a hint, some photographers charge between €3 & €30 for a high resolution photo;))

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Lostnfound

I normally post straight after a race but only getting around to it now.

Was totally shattered after a new HM PB, I did Wicklow a few weeks earlier six minutes slower but on Sunday managed to chip four minutes off my best to then.

I registered in Dublin which was handy, got down to Wexford in plenty of time and then sat in the car wondering if I was mad taking on a HM in such crap weather, only as an after thought as I left the house did I bring my wet top which saved me till the sun came out.

Lots of hills I didn't expect and well organised. I don't care about medals as I have a drawer full of them at home but they really weren't the best. The soup and bread roll after was ok. Overall it was a good race and I'd probably do it again next year. I've done two HM's, and two 10k's in five weeks with lots of training in between so have rested over the last few days and only went back out again this evening for a light five. A few races scheduled over the next month or so but all 5's or 10's. The debate I now have is to do Achill or Clontarf HM in July.

Advertisement