Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC agaiin!

Options
  • 10-10-2012 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

was renting apartment with my friend and we got upc internet..then all of sudden she had to go back to her country so i had to move out because couldnt pay all on my own,plus had to cancel upc what was on my account and name.
    cancelled that but there is fee i have to pay150euros.dont want to pay that money as their service has been **** all the time.they never came to pick up equipment either,never had time what match mine or dont have agent to send.left the white box there,have black one with me.
    cancelled direct debith..and they started to call me.
    dont want to deal with them neither pay money to them..just post their equipment so they can leave me alone.
    just scared i will get in trouble if i ll not pay that fee..;/ any suggestions..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

If you are within your contract, then you may be obliged to pay, if they didnt pick up the equipment, Id have taken it all with me, on the basis that I have access to it if they can get someone to meet/collect it.

If there were issues, did you raise them with them prior to deciding to move? if in writing you may have a leg to stand on re cancelling the service.
    I assume you cancelled in writing anyway?

posting a box like that could be pricey? whats the white box?

Sounds like they may have the advantage here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Just because you received terrible service, and I'm assuming you never raised this with UPC, doesn't mean you can breach various contractual terms and then get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 alicia87

ya i know.my friend left everything on me-so i have to pay that fee and get all trouble on my own..;/
    i emailed them about cancellation and they has cancel it,i closed direct debit so they couldnt take any more money from me..now they calling me nearly everyday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

customers who request termination of their service during this 12 month period are liable to a cancellation fee of €150 .

http://support.upc.ie/app/answers/detail/a_id/289/kw/cancel

It looks to me as though you cancelled while still in contract.
    You knew about this when you signed - not a consumer issue as far as I can see.
    UPC are well within their rights with regards to the contract you signed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Jev/N wrote: »
    Just because you received terrible service, and I'm assuming you never raised this with UPC, doesn't mean you can breach various contractual terms and then get away with it.

Im not so sure about that, if the service had been so crap and it was not fixed they might have had a leg to stand on. But it seems that was not highlighted by the wording of the OP

As it is, it looks like they are just closing the account for whatever issues/reasons, UPC will surely look at that as them breaking the contract.

op, might it be easier and cheaper to transfer the acconut to the new address?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 alicia87

in new adress they have already upc what all of us using.

Advertisement