Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depeche Mode New Album

Options
  • 10-10-2012 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi all, there will be something happening on 23.10.2012...press conference i think announcing new album... there is a countdown on http://countdown.depechemode.com/ so to all DM fans...Enjoy the Silance...for now...
    take care all DM fans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

It's the official announcement for the release of the new album and (most importantly) the dates for the upcoming tour!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Klaas

Huge fan of Depeche Mode here. That's some great news. Can't wait till their new album. Hope to see them live again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BOSTIK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NihMVuspKQw

This is a new track of theirs. Think it's called "Angel of Love". A taste of what to expect next year, maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SuperJophas

So they've only included 2 dates in London for their European tour, which is really surprising. Does anyone think they may revisit the UK and Ireland at some point after touring other continents? A couple of my friends believe they will, but I'm sceptical... They've been to Dublin before along with Belfast in 1986 for the Black Celebration Tour and 6 or 7 venues across the UK in that year, it seems strange that they would ignore us now... :/

People said that in the last tour, the Dublin date was at the third part of the tour.
    I reckon there will be anither European leg after the American leg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 SuperJophas

Really?? Do you think it will be very long until they announce further dates? Judging by how little they seemed to have ready at the press conference there it could be a while I guess! :P Oh but that's great, I guess Ill be going twice! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭dmrules

Hi there, the first leg of this tour is a stadiums only (exept O2 in London) then after North and South American Tour they will be back to smaller venues so Dublin O2 should be included , seen them twice in Dublin already-2006 and 2010...always great shows

Dmrules

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Well folks, it's streaming on itunes now and available elsewhere.
    Pretty good first listening but it usually takes me a few weeks of listening to appreciate...

130124-depeche-mode-delta-machine.jpg

Bit p1ssed they're not playing Dublin on the tour, caught their last two visits and they were first class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

dying to listen to this but no itunes in work :(
    Anywhere else to have a listen?
    Cheers.

I was fairly disappointed after the first couple of listens.
    I don't like this bluesy-kind-of-gospel way of orchestrating the songs. It sounds so. . .not Depeche Mode.

Nevertheless, I am waiting for a concert to be announced in Dublin later this year. They are a great live band!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Just on track number 5 and loving it so far.
    Wasn't mad on heaven but apart from that so far so good..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I'm going to hold off on listening to it until the weekend, when I'll be investing in the CD and the vinyl. Tower had the CD single at the weekend, but I decided not to bother buying it, 'cos it'll only gather dust once the album is out.
    I'd be stunned if they didn't play Dublin in December, especially since there is clearly a market for them here. The last time was - alongside the MEN on Touring the Angel - one of the best shows I've ever seen them do.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

I love this album!! I hope to god they will play Ireland this tour

Just so you know DM will be on the Johnathon Ross shoe tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

lil'bug wrote: »
    Just so you know DM will be on the Johnathon Ross shoe tonight

Which one the left or the right ? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭dasdog

Two listens

Impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Watching DM now on UTV, Jonathan Ross show.

Delta Machine is 2nd in the album charts!
    It really is a fantastic album

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I was disappointed when I played the album the first couple of times. I've since discovered (partly) what the problem is. When I bought the vinyl, it came with a download code, and the download code included the songs from the original album, plus the four bonus tracks that are part of the deluxe edition. When I uploaded it to iTunes, it imported in the bonus tracks within the body of the album. I didn't notice this at the time, 'cos the song titles were all new and alien to me anyway.

However, this meant that Long Time Lie (which now "opened" the album for me), Happens All the Time, Always and All That's Mine - songs that were clearly deemed "not good enough to be on the main album" by the band - were interpolated into the main body of the record. Argh! This would be the equivalent of, say, Jazz Thieves being the first track on Ultra.
    Once I amend this, I can approach it afresh.

Having said that, the songs alone (regardless of their sequence) are enough to make form some opinions. Dave's voice is excellent throughout - arguably his best album performance since SOFAD - but some of the lyrics are a bit tweedle-dum, tweedle-dee, and Martin's take on The Child Inside is a very long way from his usual lead vocal songs. Still, nowhere near as bad as his Exciter efforts. I think the best thing on it by a considerable margin is Soft Touch/Raw Nerve.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I liked heavan but when I heard the owlle re mix version I haven't listened to the original since, it's really good.

I haven't given the full album a good listen yet. I'm just playing a few tracks over and over again so far. So far album is ok . I find depeche mode songs grow on you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BOSTIK

I've listened to it about 6 times now, and am really getting to like it. "Soothe My Soul" & "Broken" are excellent. Very retro-sounding in places, which is no bad thing at all. Very happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Got tickets to go see them, can't wait :)

me too!!
    I have listened to the new album every day since it came out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Got my tickets as well. I had a ticket for last concert but couldn't go because my new born girl came out of hospital that day .

I have to say its a way better album than sotu . I love a few tracks but still didnt give whole album a good listen to. That's the way I ride tho. Play a few at a time .

Anybody els agree tho that heaven is better with owlle version .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Anybody els agree tho that heaven is better with owlle version .

Will have to mull over it, only just listened to it there. I find it very Gary Numan-ey, at least at the start.... But then, I like Gary Numan... I'm not sure how I feel about the second half of it. The vocals remind me a bit of Bono inabout 2/3 through. I don't like Bono and Dave Gahan has a much better voice than him...

Think I prefer the original, but will require a few more listenings of the remix...

Advertisement