Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

biology and chemistry experiments

• 10-10-2012 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

wondering im repeating the big LC :/ just wondering if its necessary for me to do them again or to just learn them off? yes i have done them but cant remember but i got notes off a friend who got an A1 in both subjects

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I'd say if you have them done already from last year and a teacher has signed you off (to say you have completed the experiments), you wouldn't have to do them again. Doesn't make sense if you have to repeat them all again ! Would clarify with your previous chem/biology teacher though to be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

you don't have to do them again i think but it mightn't be any harm doing them again with the class as you might learn something you didn't get last year or something might click you wouldnt know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Caroline131

hey, i am in same situation...need to repeat biology, but don't have time for experiments...im in my final year at uni... but iv looked up the SEC and they have forms for filling out by the school that your supposed to be doin the experiments with...how do we get out of that? i done my biology in 2005, would i not be exempt from having to do experiments again? please help,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

hey, i am in same situation...need to repeat biology, but don't have time for experiments...im in my final year at uni... but iv looked up the SEC and they have forms for filling out by the school that your supposed to be doin the experiments with...how do we get out of that? i done my biology in 2005, would i not be exempt from having to do experiments again? please help,,

i think you would be as I guess you are registered as an external student teaching biology yourself. It would be pretty OTT for them to think you'd actually have the resources yourself to repeat the experiments, however I'd ask maybe a teacher just in case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I was informed yesterday by an ex examiner that based on a techinality from when the new biology course was made you don't have to do any experiments for LC bio, just learn them. I don't know about chemistry though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Reon

HugsiePie wrote: »
    I was informed yesterday by an ex examiner that based on a techinality from when the new biology course was made you don't have to do any experiments for LC bio, just learn them. I don't know about chemistry though.

sweet, thank you!

Oh Amazin if thats true!!!.....hopefully, i'm meetin with a teacher this weekend so hopefully ill get it sorted, ill let ya's know wen i do....thanks

hey got confirmation from SEC that if you done experiments before, as in the Biology Leaving cert, you do not need to do them again. But to be on safe side, i'm getting a letter from my old school to say that I completed my biology course and I done the experiments already.

Advertisement