Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where to buy a ghd??

• 10-10-2012 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi

Im really broke and my ghd just broke on me so was wondering if anyone knew where is cheapest to get a new one (that isnt a fake one hehe)?? on line or in store, i dont mind, or if theres an brands equally as good :)

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

GHDs generally go for around the same price everywhere. If you find any online that are significantly cheaper, steer clear of them as they're probably fake. Not sure about other brands. I've had my GHDs for 5 years now and would typically use them 2-3 times a week and I've had no problems with
    mine so I think it's a worthwhile investment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 JaneCompti

Some of the hairdressers in town sell them. As far as I remember there was a place on Winthrop Street that used to sell them - they certainly sold the protective spray stuff. Maybe a pharmacy would have it - they often have stuff on sale too, compared to salons.

As for the cheapest, I think they usually cost around the same amount in each place, give or take a euro.

I think I bought one in Peter Marks in Mahon before too and they gave a free case and glove...I think. My long-term memory isn't great! ;)

If you ring around and compare, it'll save you the trip. Other than that, they might be cheaper if you buy online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭saltyporridge

I got two (one as a present for someone else) from Amazon.co.uk. They were genuine and when a problem developed with the power cord on one of them after six months they sent a replacement within two days (and no quibbling about the replacement). The prices were very good compared to high street prices (but make sure you buy from Amazon themselves).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 JaneCompti

I got two (one as a present for someone else) from Amazon.co.uk. They were genuine and when a problem developed with the power cord on one of them after six months they sent a replacement within two days (and no quibbling about the replacement). The prices were very good compared to high street prices (but make sure you buy from Amazon themselves).

I find the same with Amazon - more often than not, they have good prices. I haven't had to return anything but I know someone who did need return something and there was no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭saltyporridge

They sent the replacement GHD before I returned the faulty one (and a free post label for the return of the faulty one). After having a couple of GHDs over the years where problems developed with the power cord (and I couldn't get any satisfaction from the seller :() I was thrilled with their service, and the pricing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

ad1234 wrote: »
    Hi

Im really broke and my ghd just broke on me so was wondering if anyone knew where is cheapest to get a new one (that isnt a fake one hehe)?? on line or in store, i dont mind, or if theres an brands equally as good :)

thanks!

Just got an email from look fantastic
    http://www.lookfantastic.com/ghd-red-gloss-iv-styler-and-paddle-brush/10640164.html?utm_source=ENLF-_Oct11-ROW&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ENLF-_Oct11-ROW&affil=thgemail
    I have used ghds for years but a girl in salon wholesalers recommended a brand called FHI over GHD (they sell both) http://savers.ie/platform-1inch-flat-iron-black-p-2440.html

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭ad1234

Millem wrote: »
    Just got an email from look fantastic
    http://www.lookfantastic.com/ghd-red-gloss-iv-styler-and-paddle-brush/10640164.html?utm_source=ENLF-_Oct11-ROW&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ENLF-_Oct11-ROW&affil=thgemail
    I have used ghds for years but a girl in salon wholesalers recommended a brand called FHI over GHD (they sell both) http://savers.ie/platform-1inch-flat-iron-black-p-2440.html

Thanks thats really good of you xx :D

Advertisement