Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good places to have lunch in Nenagh

Options
  • 10-10-2012 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I'll be working for the next few weeks in Nenagh and I'm looking for some good places to have lunch.

This week, I had lunch in the Abbey Court Hotel but I wouldn't mind a change. I'd be grateful for any recommendations.

Many thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I work in nenagh, so personal opinion:
    For sambos, cafe q opposite easons, or cinnamon alley, in a lane near the garda station.
    For hot food, the hibernian pub isn't bad, good selection, there's a cafe called mikoles, past aib, near courthouse, it's OK, and the pantry in friar's court does prob the best food, but get there before 1 or the service levels are painfully slow.
    Also country kitchen beside o'brien's on kenyon st does a lot of homemade stuff.
    Good coffee in most of the above too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

+1 for the Hibernian
    Just ask the locals for the Hi-B if you cannot find it ;)

Also there is a café beside the Ulster Bank up in Banba Sq.
    I forget the name though
    Serves a lovely lunch and the staff are great

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

I would agree broadly with the other posters say.

However for take away rolls / wraps - Simply Food on Kenyon St is brilliant. More expensive than a centra or spar but the amount and quality of the food is excellent. It also does take away dinners - stuff like bacon & cabbage for a very reasonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MrD007

Thanks for all the recommendations folks.

I ended up heading to the Hibernian Inn today. I had a lovely starter and main course. There was a very friendly atmosphere in the place, I got chatting to one of the locals about GAA so my lunch hour flew. I'll definitely be going back and I would recommend the bar to others for a meal and or a few pints. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

John Ryan's in Summerhill did fantastic lunches back in the early to mid 90's. It's under new ownership for a good few years, though.
    Do they still do lunches there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Moneymen

Andy Flynns on Sarsfield Street (As you head out the old Limerick Road) is a great place for some grub...Always a great menu available and you get a great feed...Would highly recommend it

Flynns Bistro across the road from the HB is also a great spot for some lunch and you can't forget The Pantry down on Quientans Way (Behind Supermacs) as that is also very good food albeit a little pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Will second Andy Flynn's, lovely grub and portions are massive!

I've either left food on teh plate or rolled out of there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭aca101

Flynns or Hibernian are two of the places I've tried...both very decent.

Advertisement