Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

500 Euro AMD Build

Options
  • 10-10-2012 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey guys.

I'm thinking of putting together a budget PC for playing some games (Skyrim, CS:GO) as well as using for watching movies, and maybe for storing some music too. The thing is, I might be moving away in about a year's time, so I really want something that will just keep me going for the moment and run things like Skyrim at a decent resolution on my 19" Dell monitor. Also, I'd like it to be mAtx - the last build I had was fine, but a bit of a pain to lug around the place whenever I needed to. I know that there's no such thing as making a computer future-proof, but if I do move away a year from now, it would be handy if I could bring some parts with me (PSU, HDD, DVD drive, RAM, wireless card) that I could use in future builds.

1. What is your budget? ~500 euro

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Games, movies, music and a small bit of coding.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes, but I'm planning on getting it from software4students.ie

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No.

5. Do you need a monitor? No - I'll be using one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Dell-E197FPf-LCD-Monitor-Black/dp/B002LHM71A

5a. If yes, what size do you need. n/a

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future?
    19 inch. I might upgrade somewhere down the line, but that would probably require upgrading my GPU as well, so for the forseeable future: no.

6. Do you need any peripherals? I have a mouse and a keyboard, as well as a decent set of headphones. I do need a wireless card, however.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Not for the moment.

8. How can you pay? Credit/Laser Card.

9. When are you purchasing? Hopefully within the next month or two!

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? South Dublin. I've put one together before though, so I should be okay.

I've already picked out some parts from hardwareversand, but I'm not really sure I've picked the optimal hardware for my price point and for what I'm going to be using it for.

Item|Price
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE|€86
    ASRock 880GM-LE FX|€53
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 500GB SATA 6GB/s|€55
    8GB-Kit Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1333 CL9|€34
    LG GH24NS|€17
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 550W|€55
    FRACTAL DESIGN Core 1000|€35
    Club 3D Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition, 1024MB GDDR5|€112
    TP-Link TL-WN951N, 300Mbps PCI-Adapter|€23

Shipping|€21
    Total| €491

Is the mainboard decent enough? I read somewhere that the 880 chipsets were good. Also, would that wireless card be able to sustain a decent connection for playing Counter-Strike on/streaming TV programmes?

Thanks for the help! :)

Comments

Advertisement