Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navan Roadworks

Options
  • 10-10-2012 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Who or what got paid to put roadworks,sorry footpath works on Trim entrance to Navan for 9 weeks at this time of year!!.could this not have been done in summer when days were brighter,longer working hours and kids off school,as there are schools there. Since Mr Dempsey decided not to put motorway entrance on from trim rd if going to Cavan you have to go all through town out Kells rd.on old N3 and then up to new motorway and pay.But as he is enjoying his 100k per yr pension,he probably does not care.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

sham58107 wrote: »
    Who or what got paid to put roadworks,sorry footpath works on Trim entrance to Navan for 9 weeks at this time of year!!.could this not have been done in summer when days were brighter,longer working hours and kids off school,as there are schools there. Since Mr Dempsey decided not to put motorway entrance on from trim rd if going to Cavan you have to go all through town out Kells rd.on old N3 and then up to new motorway and pay.But as he is enjoying his 100k per yr pension,he probably does not care.

Does it make any difference what time of the year it's being done? At least they're sorting the problem before someone else gets hurt there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Drop Meath council a email with a time table when its acceptable to do road/upgrade works

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

Think it's because they have to do it before christmas starts but yes summer would be better, 3 sets of temp light for the bus run I do in the mornings around Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Just had another read of the original post, there's no need to go through (or near) the town at all to get onto the motorway :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Op, I know you are having a rant and all... fair enough, but those pathways were in absolute bits and that junction needed to be made a bit wider from what i see so fair dues i say to the council for getting it done... even though it has taken so long.

There has been roadworks above on the swimming pool road since June with a stop go that has been an inconvenience to say the least for peeps going down to the schools and swimming pool.

If the work was not being done to the trim road junction there i am sure the residents associations around there would be on the councils case morning noon and night... and now it is being done the council are being cursed for road works!?

You cant win either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Dont you mind em Sham, I'm with you, should have been done in the summer when the kids were off school, but nice its finally being done- hopefully a crossing\lights there as well

Advertisement