Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bus to Loughboy business park

Options
  • 10-10-2012 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

hey guys
    Looking to get a bus from macdonagh station to Lochboy business park.
    Nothing on bus eireann.ie
    Any info on this, also it it walkable, specifically to state street
    Thanks a mill
    RA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

From google maps it looks like a 35-40min walk. Don't know about buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

This is what makes Kilkenny different from other towns, no buses, though there is a town bus, I saw it once or twice I have no idea where it starts or goes too or how frequent the service is.
    There is a bus parking bay on the quay, but it lacks timetable or even a proper bus stop.
    Captain Havoc will encourage you to cycle, which would probably be the best bet.
    Good Luck, but buy a decent lock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

No buses in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Do you start to work in SS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

Sorry abt the three month delay in replyin to this :p

Nope didnt start, was offered the job but cost and logistics of going from Waterford> Kilkenny> Loughboy was too much i.e. it would have cost me to get to work.

I did look into renting in KK however i walked into the same issue(cost).

Had there been a bus to the park I would have taken it, but the current service seemed too unreliable with not alot of info on stops etc. closest I could find was http://www.bkavcoaches.com/html/time_killkennycity.html

Would have liked to have taken the job. The search Continues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Sorry abt the three month delay in replyin to this :p

Nope didnt start, was offered the job but cost and logistics of going from Waterford> Kilkenny> Loughboy was too much i.e. it would have cost me to get to work.

I did look into renting in KK however i walked into the same issue(cost).

Had there been a bus to the park I would have taken it, but the current service seemed too unreliable with not alot of info on stops etc. closest I could find was http://www.bkavcoaches.com/html/time_killkennycity.html

Would have liked to have taken the job. The search Continues.
    Was there no way you could have got a bike and cycled in out from the railway station? Or carpooling? Surely a few Waterford people working out there too. Wish you well with the job search.
    Renting in Kk is expensive unless you want to share.

Advertisement