Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone ever had an affair

• 10-10-2012 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭

Have any boards readers ever had an affair with a married man/woman?

If so, how do you feel about it now? Do you regret it? Would you do it again? Etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

You first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Red About Town

El Weirdo wrote: »
    You first.

No, not something I could do. I do know a few lads however who have quite openly being seeing married women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

What's it called if neither party is married? Just being an asshole?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Curious about why you want to know such specific information??

Are you in the throes of an affair OP? Or deep in the thoughts of contemplating one? I think so.……;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

let me just say...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

Have any boards readers ever had an affair with a married man/woman?

If so, how do you feel about it now? Do you regret it? Would you do it again? Etc.

If anyone admits to having an affair on here they will be tarred and feathered and it will be thrown at them at every opportunity.
    Something's are best kept private.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Couldn't do it myself. I've too much love and respect for my wife.

The people I work with on the other hand :D For the Christmas party a few years ago the person organising it, emailed the details of who was sharing rooms to everyone in the company by mistake. Out of 90 people going to the event, 30 were sharing rooms with people their official other half wouldn't have been too happy about.

I still have a copy of the email :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

nbar12 wrote: »
    no, don't marry someone if you just plan on breaking their heart in the future

Its likely not pre-planned, in most cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Well it is the married person who is having the affair, the other party is simply aiding this affair.
    Affairs very rarely if ever end on a positive note and many lives are destroyed in the process.
    So to answer you question...don't do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Red About Town

If anyone admits to having an affair on here they will be tarred and feathered and it will be thrown at them at every opportunity.
    Something's are best kept private.

I agree but do internet forums not give people a degree of anonymity that they don't have in the real world? It would be something I would ask of family, friends or work colleagues.

• Advertisement

Lumbo wrote: »

The people I work with on the other hand :D For the Christmas party a few years ago the person organising it, emailed the details of who was sharing rooms to everyone in the company by mistake. Out of 90 people going to the event, 30 were sharing rooms with people their official other half wouldn't have been too happy about.

Very exact there with the numbers:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I struggle just to get a GF, so not likely in my case LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

nbar12 wrote: »
    no, don't marry someone if you just plan on breaking their heart in the future

Most people don't plan on ****ing around when they get married. Sometimes they do stop loving each other the same way though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

My long term g.f just did with a married man and new dad. Very unsettling stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

I agree but do internet forums not give people a degree of anonymity that they don't have in the real world? It would be something I would ask of family, friends or work colleagues.

I think the RW would be more understanding than AH. Affairs happen and we can all say we would never do it but who knows how things happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

You dont work in the Dail by any chance? :eek:

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Very exact there with the numbers:pac:

I don't have difficulty with remembering 2 numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

If I am single and carefree and had a good offer, why refuse? If she wants a bit of strange she is going to get it one way or another.

If I am happily married then no, I would not "have an affair" (we're good at those euphemisms aren't we?).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

The thought of fukcing a married woman turns me on, that movie "unfaithful" is some great **** material.

I haven't knowingly had sex with a married woman, but I have my suspicions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

The thought of fukcing a married woman turns me on, that movie "unfaithful" is some great **** material.

I haven't knowingly had sex with a married woman, but I have my suspicions.

Thinly veiled "I like durty cougars"

• Advertisement

I don't have difficulty with remembering 2 numbers.

How you came up with the exact 30 out of 90 is nothing to do with remembering 2 numbers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

keelanj69 wrote: »
    My long term g.f just did with a married man and new dad. Very unsettling stuff.

Pretty bad :( sorry dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

no

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

No and wouldn't do it. It's an unbelievably ****ty thing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Never had an affair myself.

But this thread reminds me of a job I had in 2008. Now I wont name the business.... but its on o'connell street dublin and its been there for decades ;)
    Anyways, I was the new guy and became friends with a girl (as we worked together all day) But there was alot of hostility towards her from other staff. Staff would make remarks about her to me ... you know the kind "terrible what she did" - "best not to know what she did" - of course say everything but actually say what she did.

It got to a point where people were blanking me because I was friends with her :confused: (which looking back was messed up. I was the uninformed new guy) So I asked her what all the crap was. She revealed that recently she slept with the manager. I shall always remember my reply just being "yeah, so..." :pac: in which she further revealed said manager and his girlfriend gave birth to their first born child a few weeks ago .... oh oh oh oh oh :pac:

I left this job shortly after as I was offered another job with more hours. But best to my knowledge, to this day managers girlfriend never found out. Even tho everyone in the job knows the story.... now you do too people. lol.

How you came up with the exact 30 out of 90 is nothing to do with remembering 2 numbers

Whatever :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

whats the point in saying 'I Do' when you dont?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Yep, had an affair with a married woman whilst married myself. Still together after 22 years! And eh, married to each other now! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

this is the only affair I know about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

But this thread reminds me of a job I had in 2008. Now I wont name the business.... but its on o'connell street dublin and its been there for decades ;)
    Anyways, I was the new guy and became friends with a girl (as we worked together all day) But there was alot of hostility towards her from other staff. Staff would make remarks about her to me ... you know the kind "terrible what she did" - "best not to know what she did" - of course say everything but actually say what she did.

It got to a point where people were blanking me because I was friends with her :confused: (which looking back was messed up. I was the uninformed new guy) So I asked her what all the crap was. She revealed that recently she slept with the manager. I shall always remember my reply just being "yeah, so..." :pac: in which she further revealed said manager and his girlfriend gave birth to their first born child a few weeks ago .... oh oh oh oh oh :pac:

I left this job shortly after as I was offered another job with more hours. But best to my knowledge, to this day managers girlfriend never found out. Even tho everyone in the job knows the story.... now you do too people. lol.

Should you be saying that stuff? I'm loving it all the same, but still?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Yep, had an affair with a married woman whilst married myself. Still together after 22 years! And eh, married to each other now! :D

Ain't karma a bitch? HUH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

emo72 wrote: »
    Should you be saying that stuff? I'm loving it all the same, but still?

I have zero contact with people who work there these days. I remember afterwards saying hello to a person who worked there and getting totally blanked... full on, them staring at me for 2 seconds, in my face and walking by. Even tho when I was there they were so friendly. So I honestly couldnt care about sharing that story.

Besides I intentionally didnt mention the establishments name.

Lumbo and co in action, maybe you should be a detective.
    And you think keeping that email is cool:D
    Whatever :rolleyes:*
    Well you attribute the 30 of 90 to simply remembering 2 numbers, but its really that you sifted through 90 names because your a bloke who loves gossip.

*Users of the rolleyes thing are often the most deserving of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

She should make a formal complaint to HR that she is being bullied.

Well she had a problem, and she knew where to find you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

What's it called if neither party is married? Just being an asshole?

A relationship?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Some workplaces seem to be really bad for it. There's nothing of the sort in the place I work at the minute, it's all very professional.

But I worked in a place that was practically like it had been lifted from Coronation Street. Guy getting married to someone who's the sister of the guy who sits beside him, who in turn is riding the married one from accounts, whose brother is riding the married girl in IT and is the secret father of her only child.

Seriously though, we were out on the piss one night and a married father of two scored his single mother staff member, leaving another girl in tears because she was really in love with him.

It should have been comical but I actually found it a little disturbing being in the middle of it. I've no time for dirty scumbag cheaters. If you want to ride someone else, then leave your partner first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Counting and remembering are basic skills. Whats puzzling you here exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

I was once the "affairee", I was single she wasn't. She dumped the geezer and took up with me before doing exactly the same to me with some other dude. Lesson harshly learned.
    My advice is if you're thinking about it, consider carefully what you will lose when you get caught. If you're still willing to do it then end the relationship and at least show some respect to the other partner.

tin79 wrote: »
    Counting and remembering are basic skills. Whats puzzling you here exactly?

Post #12 was a jibe at a bloke who would sift through 90 names in an email to see who is roomed with who, like a gossip queen or something.
    Nothing to do with counting skills or being puzzled.

Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Supermacs. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Supermacs. :cool:

I was going to go for Clerys myself ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

When I was about 18/19 I scored an older bird in a club (maybe 30ish) and went home with her, woke up the next morning and wandered to the jacks and notices pictures of herself and some fella al over the gaff, wandered back to the bedroom, got back into the bed, she rolls over and starts cuddling, I ask who your man in all the pictures was and she just says as if it was nothing "that's my wanker of a husband, don't worry, he's in away". Turns out I knew the lads brother.
    Still feel like a bit of a prick when I see the two of them around if I'm back in Athlone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

When i was 21 I had an affair with a 39 year old married woman and it was fantastic at the time. There was nothing emotional in it, we met up purely for sex, either in hotels or secluded spots where we'd use her car, often her car bonnet. Felt no guilt about it at the time as her husband had had numerous affairs.

Nowadays though i would never have an affair, I love my wife too much and would hope she feels the same way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

Seaneh wrote: »
    When I was about 18/19 I scored an older bird in a club (maybe 30ish) and went home with her, woke up the next morning and wandered to the jacks and notices pictures of herself and some fella al over the gaff, wandered back to the bedroom, got back into the bed, she rolls over and starts cuddling, I ask who your man in all the pictures was and she just says as if it was nothing "that's my wanker of a husband, don't worry, he's in away". Turns out I knew the lads brother.
    Still feel like a bit of a prick when I see the two of them around if I'm back in Athlone...

Hardly your fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

Thats because he still has the email!!

jeeze.

Over your head post #12 went as well. Must be slow day today.

Advertisement