Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ringsend - York road/Fisherman's Wharf area

Options
  • 10-10-2012 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi guys, could really use a bit of advice from someone living in the area! at my wits end:(

Been reading up on Rinsend for a while and I love the area, we are looking to rent a house in Fisherman's Wharf - it's lovely, but facing the port.. My only concern is the noise. Do you get much from the traffic - york road, the 02, the port? I have problems sleeping as it is so we were looking for something fairly quiet. Read a horrific thread about the poor ppl living in Pigeon's road, could it be as bad as that?
    Any quick replies would be greatly appreciated as we need to say yay or nay to the deal tomorrow!
    Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I used to live up the road from there, there are no docks at Fishermans Wharf hence no noise from there at night time. The only possible noise is from passing traffic and that does be very light at night time, hardly registers. However it can be noisy daytime as the trucks come of the boats at the port first thing in the morning(like 6am+) as they travel to and from the Port Tunnel.
    If your house is inside the complex rather than facing onto the street, the noise level from the street will go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cremedumomf

Thanks for the reply:) yep our place will not face the street so fingers crossed, am not too concerned about noise during the day as I am about sleeping during the night. we decided to go ahead, got some more info from ppl and they all seem to agree it's pretty quiet out there.

Advertisement