Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honestly...Do you ever feel like you will be alone forever?

• 10-10-2012 11:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭

I know this thought is crazy, but jesus christ, there is couples everywhere and I feel like I will be alone forever... It honestly annoys my happiness when I see a couple...

So will you be alone forever?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Don't you mean Forever Alone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭PaurGasm

Don't you mean Forever Alone?

I tried to keep my 4chan antics out of boards.ie but yeah...

foreveralone.jpeg

haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Get married and have kids, you will then long to be alone, if only for twenty minutes of bleedin peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

PaurGasm wrote: »
    I know this thought is crazy, but jesus christ, there is couples everywhere and I feel like I will be alone forever... It honestly annoys my happiness when I see a couple...

How old are you OP? Sometimes the best company is your own. Enjoy it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

keith16 wrote: »
    But, but...this is AH. And you being so nice. Teddy confuseballs:confused:

• Advertisement

But, but...this is AH. And you being so nice. Teddy confuseballs:confused:

*Hugs Teddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I love being alone. I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry.

Possibly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Depends. Are you Hans Moleman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

im married with a 1 year old. trust me, you like your alone tine in the evening when you can just be yourself and relax for a while

• Advertisement

1ZRed wrote: »
    Depends. Are you Hans Moleman?

Because if so, also watch out for stray footballs to the groin.

Hurts in a more meaningful, immediate kind of way than loneliness.

*Hugs Teddy
    ***** Keith16 off :eek:

*I'll get my your pants

:o

***** Keith16 off :eek:

*I'll get my your pants

:o

Do you see what you have done OP? The mere mention of your insufferable loneliness is enough drive strangers into eachothers pants!

Sucks to be you!

*I'll get that Teddy (honestly that's enough now)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭PaurGasm

Ah I am only 21 and Im sure Ill meet someone but seeing couples sicken me haha

I probably should have named this thread "Seeing couples annoys me" haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Yeah, in more ways than just in terms of having / not having a girlfriend.

But I subscribe to the multiverse theory, that is that our universe is one bubble of an infinite number, and that somewhere in each of them, everything that could be possible, has happened.

Therefore, there is no doubt another "version" of Paddy out there somewhere - exactly like me, except he made all the right decisions. :D

Really makes it easier to enjoy life I find. Follow your instincts and if everything gets f*cked up it doesn't matter. You did everything right and you got everything you ever wanted out of life - just not necessarily in this particular universe. And honestly who says ours is the most important one? Don't be afraid of making horrible mistakes sometimes, because somewhere out there, you didn't.

Because if so, also watch out for stray footballs to the groin.

Hurts in a more meaningful, immediate kind of way than loneliness.

Are you sure?

:(

Do you see what you have done OP? The mere mention of your insufferable loneliness is enough drive strangers into eachothers pants!

Sucks to be you!

*I'll get that Teddy (honestly that's enough now)
    Yea true :D

Back to the OP though,
    Hmmm, not no at all actually. Never thought it as far as I can recall.
    I'm lucky to have lots of friends and family and all of that rubbish:p
    And as far as relationships go, I perhaps wrongly think I have no problems dating someone if I feel like it. That sounds awfully big headed and I'm no male model (I wish:p) or anything close but that's how I feel, there's someone out there for everyone, if you choose to find them ;)

Anyway don't sweat it, if you're actually worrying about it.
    If you want to find someone, you will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

One of the most incredible people I've ever met sent me this song to cheer me up one day. If you're feeling lonely, have a listen.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiQo6DoXknY

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Listen aul wooden Enda kenny even got himself a wife at 45. Don't write yourself off just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

People are cunts anyway.

One of the most incredible people I've ever met sent me this song to cheer me up one day. If you're feeling lonely, have a listen.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiQo6DoXknY
    Too cheer you up you say?:confused:

It's not exactly La Bamba is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

21!?!?

Jesus Christ man, you have your whole life ahead of you to worry about being alone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I shall not be alone if i hold on to this person *grabs said person beside me* Now sorted. wheres the tea? feck that wheres the party for the whatcha call ems, singles or young people all this relationship stuff making me thirsty.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 bbm1

I'm 23 and single, it seems like most of my friends are going steady now! 1 of my friends got married this year! 1 of my friends counted that out of our year at school 12 out the 98 in our year are now engaged with 2 married and something like 8 have children! Seems crazy!

bbm1 wrote: »
    I'm 23 and single, it seems like most of my friends are going steady now! 1 of my friends got married this year! 1 of my friends counted that out of our year at school 12 out the 98 in our year are now engaged with 2 married and something like 8 have children! Seems crazy!
    I'm not reading past the bolded underlined part until you tell us your sex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Being alone and happy is so much better than being with someone and unhappy, just for the sake of 'having someone'.
    Be content with your own company, you're your own best friend.

I can see myself being single for a very long time, and that's not a bad thing. If I settle with someone long-term, it'll only be because they're so amazingly wonderful that I'll have no choice but to be with them, and want to have them around.
    That may sound very conceited, but it'll take a very special person to make me happier than I am now...

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

You only fear being alone cause you were biologically preprogrammed to pair-bond/couple.

its the basis of most of your social fears/behaviors.

Over-ride your programming. (access via your hidden usb)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

With any luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

23 and single. It used to bother me more, and yes, the majority of my own friends have their own (at this stage) relatively long term relationships now, and once in a while, that seems like something I'm missing, but I've got a lot of stuff on, I'm pretty active and happy and such. It'd be nice to meet someone, really would, but if you spend all your time stressing about it, you'll be a miserable prick, and nobody's interested in a miserable prick in the first place. Be busy, do your own stuff and be passionate about it. Maybe you'll meet someone who likes that, or who's into the same stuff, but sitting around being miserable will quite definitely get you nowhere, and meanwhile, you've got some cool stuff to occupy your mind. If you don't have any now, go find some!

Where To wrote: »
    Moonshiner video

Terrible audience!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

have you tried wearing an eye patch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

No because someday great loves me

*gushes* :pac:

Your herd of cats doesn't count as a person

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Yeah pretty much.I'm useless at chatting up women in bars and shítty nightclubs which seems to be the way most people I know met their partners.I've even resorted to online dating which was soul destroying.I've basically given up on ever finding someone.

I just get drunk and sleep in my spare time now,and try not to pay much attention whenever I see loved up couples on the street/bus/bars etc and I lie or change the subject when my family ask if I'm seeing someone or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

I have often though the same I am 22 by the way the last relationship I was in was February and I don't do sex outside relationships so the lack of sex is what get's to me, cause I here about all the riding that dose go on.

It dose get me down big time that I can't find someone on a night-out or find someone in general, but recently I have decided to give the whole dating thing a rest for a while, jumping between people the last few years and not having much me time.

In that I am trying to be happy with myself first in my own company. But I must say, all this single business makes your wardrobe go old fashioned very quick! I have no problem talking to women or striking up a conversation, but I do hang around with a lot of blokes so I wouldn't really no what to talk about? My interests are computers , cars and a bitta bant with the lads.. Not many topics in there.

But I have not given up on finding someone, I will find someone just it feels like forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

*waits for ThomasFlynn to post*

Oh here he is!

OP, I'm 26 and have never had girlfriend, never kissed a girl or anything. I think I beat you on the loser stakes! :pac:

On a serious note the situation had caused me to feel extremely depressed, and I attempted suicide over it back in april because I felt I would always be lonely, felt the world would always shun me, felt I was an utterly useless human being. Bare in mind also I haven't had any friends since I was 13, so naturally thats f*cked up my social development a little which I'm only trying to now recover!

The loneliness factor hurt me so much though, and felt I was too disgusting as a person to have friends and didn't want to live myself in misery for the rest of it so thats I wanted to kill myself. Since then though I've had a counselling and now proper CBT therapy (along with anti depressants) to help restructure my thought process, not only to stop me from committing suicide, but my thought processes on how the world viewed me.

I didn't want to die, but I didn't think I had a choice, so recently in the past 6 weeks I've become more positive and have begun to focus on the small things to improve my self esteem. Like, learning to cook, cleaning, learning to iron, driving lessons, going to the gym, eating healthier, getting a day structure and taking up some hobbies as well to improve my self worth.

Still to this day OP I don't know whether I'll be on my own for the rest of my life or not. I'm 26 now and there are some very embarresing issues which I'm ashamed of obviously and feel it may be too off putting for most women. I really have no idea tbh. I really don't.

All I can do is improve my self worth and improve my social activities. If that doesn't work, then so be it, I don't want to kill myself over it anymore.

Sorry for the rather serious post OP, but its a topic I've tortured myself about for the past 6 months or so as some here may well know. But I'm trying to move on and attempting to build a more happier and forfulling life and seeing where that takes me. Its all you can do as OP, do put yourself in the situations, but don't get stressed over it if it doesn't happen, there's other things in life to enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

*waits for ThomasFlynn to post*

Oh here he is!

OP, I'm 26 and have never had girlfriend, never kissed a girl or anything. I think I beat you on the loser stakes! :pac:

On a serious note the situation had caused me to feel extremely depressed, and I attempted suicide over it back in april because I felt I would always be lonely, felt the world would always shun me, felt I was an utterly useless human being. Bare in mind also I haven't had any friends since I was 13, so naturally thats f*cked up my social development a little which I'm only trying to now recover!

The loneliness factor hurt me so much though, and felt I was too disgusting as a person to have friends and didn't want to live myself in misery for the rest of it so thats I wanted to kill myself. Since then though I've had a counselling and now proper CBT therapy (along with anti depressants) to help restructure my thought process, not only to stop me from committing suicide, but my thought processes on how the world viewed me.

I didn't want to die, but I didn't think I had a choice, so recently in the past 6 weeks I've become more positive and have begun to focus on the small things to improve my self esteem. Like, learning to cook, cleaning, learning to iron, driving lessons, going to the gym, eating healthier, getting a day structure and taking up some hobbies as well to improve my self worth.

Still to this day OP I don't know whether I'll be on my own for the rest of my life or not. I'm 26 now and there are some very embarresing issues which I'm ashamed of obviously and feel it may be too off putting for most women. I really have no idea tbh. I really don't.

All I can do is improve my self worth and improve my social activities. If that doesn't work, then so be it, I don't want to kill myself over it anymore.

Sorry for the rather serious post OP, but its a topic I've tortured myself about for the past 6 months or so as some here may well know. But I'm trying to move on and attempting to build a more happier and forfulling life and seeing where that takes me. Its all you can do as OP, do put yourself in the situations, but don't get stressed over it if it doesn't happen, there's other things in life to enjoy.

Inspiring words and fair play getting yourself going in the right direction, I think you sum it up at the end. If it doesn't happen it, there are other things in life, it's so true.

Walking the dog the other day, I was think about how much though and work I put into finding/getting/attracting a girl and it must be about 60/70 of my life/brain power. It's was getting a ridiculous amount of my attention. It's like it got out of control, with each girl I would add an extra 10% and all this thinking etc is making the situation worse, over the last few weeks I would say it's getting about 20/30 and other hobbies and interest I have totally forgotten about have started to get back in there. Put basically I figured that there is more to life than finding a girl and if you don't watch how much you give it you can find yourself not in the right mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Cybercubed

I hope not. My past history says I shouldn't be. Being single's not all that bad though. The remote is definitely MINE! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Where To wrote: »
    I love being alone. I'll eat when I'm hungry.

Be careful with that, loneliness and cheese burgers are a dangerous mix

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Yeh, being single in your 20s definitely means you'll always be single - makes perfect sense: logically, mathematically and statistically. Being single eight months? Oh god, an eternity! :pac:

There are good things about being single, good things about being in a relationship; being happy either way should be your main focus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Can't relate.

I've had sex with up to an including one woman at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

21 is an age to enjoy being single!!! I didnt kiss someone until I went to college, then kissed plenty after!! I'm in my first relationship at 24, mOstly because he was persistant!! :) I wasn't looking for one- I'd resigned myself to single life really.... I'm glad now I was single for that period. I travelled a lot- alone, got my degree and made friends for life. Although some people were not happy to see me settle down a bit- I've been told!!! Two years in now and engaged. RELAX and just worry about yourself for a whole. I do miss the selfish decisions I could make before!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

as long as you have
    pam and her 5 friends you'll never be alone ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

saiint wrote: »
    as long as you have
    pam and her 5 friends you'll never be alone ;)

Pam is some loser, even my Da has 26 friends on facebook and he's 70

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭TheBoss!

I think it depends on how lucky you are in other areas of your life.

If you have very little money worries, health worries etc etc and you find someone who also has very little similar worries, then finding someone to love and who loves you is relatively easy.

Otherwise though, if have worries and stresses in your life, then it will drastically effect any relationship you have and most likely ruin it and ultimately you will come to resent each other for making one another miserable and sleep with each other's relatives, just to get even with the other.

Sorry, I've been listening to country and western music all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

I was going to reply with some scathing comment about being a man whore, and not missing being in a relationship, and how when i want somebody to talk to i simply lift my fone and text somebody ..

[NSFW] But PP's post of me threw the mind set... [/NSFW]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

How much of those couples you see are happy? I'd say many put on a show.

I grew up with parents in a miserable marriage. Getting married was the done thing back then. I came across so much couples through the years that just fcuking bickered. Many couples are just not compatible but they stick with each other.

Read the relationship forum here on boards. Relationships bring problems, issues and heartache.

You give a piece of yourself to someone, and they turn around and it fcuk it back in your face, by perhaps cheating, lieing, breaking trust, etc akin to sticking their foot in your face after stepping in sh1t. People are selfish and ****ed up.

I rather be alone and happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Idle Passerby

bbm1 wrote: »

But sure they'll all be divorced by the time their 30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Stay off 4chan for a start. Those bitter assholes can have a poisonous influence if you stick around them too long.

• Advertisement
Advertisement