Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone tried these

Options
  • 10-10-2012 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

5pc New CE2 XL Clearomizers
    http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1076_1138&products_id=8041

Has anyone tried these cartomisers? Ok the ones I have ordered from Health Cabin are for my vGo 1300 mAh and are for an 808 battery, but they also come in the 501 thread and wondered has anyone tried them.

I have ordered 3 packs of them (15) at €7.2 a pack of 5 as the cart’s I have from Jacvapour (Vanilla) last about 3 to 4 hours and I’m getting through 3 and a half cart’s a day with my vGo using up more than twice the amount of juice of a normal 808 battery, damn thing just sucks up all the liquid in no time. So looking to find something to last a bit longer and a bit cheaper hope these do the trick as they hold 2ml.

The jacvapour carts are also a bit smaller which doesn’t help the life of it, have been topping them up with liquid when they run dry otherwise I’ll be out of carts in days rather than weeks, but still doesn’t last pi$$ing time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

I think I got 2 and tried 1. Not a fan at all. Hardly any vapour sometimes and burnt taste other times. You're welcome to the other one if you PM your address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

I think I got 2 and tried 1. Not a fan at all. Hardly any vapour sometimes and burnt taste other times. You're welcome to the other one if you PM your address.
    Ahh don't say that, got to wait over 2 weeks for them to arrive from China. Was hoping they would solve my problems with pre filled cart's lasted a few hours only. Hopefully yours was just from a bad batch ;) i'll take you up on the offer of the other one and if it's as you say I can order something different before mine arrive and I run out of carts.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Out of any of the Tanks a CE5+ rebuildable are the best i've tried, re-wickable, recoil able, do not crack or discolor and look great on an ego.

Pretty much any of the CE2's models big or small don't last pissing time, the tube's crack, you get a "dirty" vape after one refill, coils blow easy etc .... they "can" taste great for the first few sucks and then quickly go from "ok" to utter ****e.

Trust me, been through em all.

Get a Kanger perhaps .. pretty much the same as the ce5+ they are called oodles of things on various places.. so heres a video to show you it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-1dtKzzuvM

was.deevey wrote: »
    Out of any of the Tanks a CE5+ rebuildable are the best i've tried, re-wickable, recoil able, do not crack or discolor and look great on an ego.

Pretty much any of the CE2's models big or small don't last pissing time, the tube's crack, you get a "dirty" vape after one refill, coils blow easy etc .... they "can" taste great for the first few sucks and then quickly go from "ok" to utter ****e.

Trust me, been through em all.

Get a Kanger perhaps .. pretty much the same as the ce5+ they are called oodles of things on various places.. so heres a video to show you it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-1dtKzzuvM
    I knew I should have gone for the 1.0ml KR 808 Clearomizer from Heath Cabin, but went with the New CE2 XL 808 Clearomizers because they hold twice the volume. The health cabin sell the Kanger 1ml for €8.9 for 5.
    TBS sells the Kanger but only in the 510 version, and I need a 808 version and HC are the only site that cater extensively for 808 batteries, pity if TBS or another Irish site stocked them I'd snap them up saves waiting time and buying locally.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

An eGo or 510 battery and charger doesn't cost all that much. Is there any benefit to sticking with an 808?

• Advertisement

stevenmu wrote: »
    An eGo or 510 battery and charger doesn't cost all that much. Is there any benefit to sticking with an 808?
    Got dozens of them Steve, Twist's, Lavatube, mini eGo's, 510's just got fed up with all the palaver associated with tanks, atomisers and wicks and just wanted the simplicity of auto batteries and pre filled carts but with a better sized 808 that lasts longer than 3 hours of use, but my latest (and best device) vGo 1300 mah is an 808 thread and ideal for a pre filled cart lover like me, just it's too powerful and uses up the juice in a mater of hours because it performs as good as any mod in vapour and throat hit, so reluctantly going back to small tanks while still using my vGo. I seem to be in a very big minority of big 808 battery users (bloody discrimination I say ;))

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Ah, that makes sense so. They do seem to be very rare alright, which is odd, they'd probably suit a lot of casual users.

Just a question on the clearomisers, I bought a 901 battery to 510 adapter so I could use it on my 808 battery and use a 510 tank/clearomiser but I can't get the thing to fire, I tried my Viva Nova screwed into the adapter and onto my 808 battery and it's stone dead, anyone have any idea why I cant get it to work as I could order the New [URL="[URL]http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/blank-cartomizers/155-0ml-kanger-kr-510-clearomizer.html"]1.0ml[/URL] Kanger KR-510 Clearomizer[/URL] and use that instead of getting an 808 version from China.

Not sure what the problem might be unless it's to do with it being a 901 to 510 and not an 808 to 510, but it fits perfectly and I thought there was no difference in a 901/808.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

I'm completely biased, but get a Kanger T2 from e-smokeireland, I'll give you the money if you don't like it!

jamie72 wrote: »
    I'm completely biased, but get a Kanger T2 from e-smokeireland, I'll give you the money if you don't like it!
    Unfortunately that has a eGo connection, my battery is a 808. Plus it would look really silly on my 88mm by 14mm battery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Not sure what the problem might be unless it's to do with it being a 901 to 510 and not an 808 to 510, but it fits perfectly and I thought there was no difference in a 901/808.

Sometimes all it takes is that extra .5mm gap between both sides of the connector and it wont work at all.. you could try a tin foil spacer - carefully and see if it makes contact.

was.deevey wrote: »
    Sometimes all it takes is that extra .5mm gap between both sides of the connector and it wont work at all.. you could try a tin foil spacer - carefully and see if it makes contact.
    Great minds think alike :), am going to try that when I get home from night shift as I had the same problem with the smokegreen cart's not working on my vGo when I first got it as the battery thread not long enough to make proper contact, the smokegreen battery has longer thread. I put in a tiny bit of tin foil on top of the battery and it worked a treat.

Thanks for reminding me of that, it had gone out of my head.

Bloody hell wasn't it so much easier just to pull a fag out of the box and light the damn thing up and puff away :rolleyes:. If someone had told me 5 months ago all the rigmarole I'd have to go though now for a fix I'd have said they were talking though their ar$e :D.

BTW your up late, I'm at work what's your reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

In fairness, if you got a battery that used a more common connection, you could pick anything. (up late because unemployment and alcohol)

jamie72 wrote: »
    In fairness, if you got a battery that used a more common connection, you could pick anything. (up late because unemployment and alcohol)
    TBH I love this vGo battery with the 808d-1 thread, the charge hasn't ran out on me yet and as of now it has lasted 32 hours without a recharge, I use it first thing in the morning and charge it when going to bed as I only have the one (4 more on the way from China with the iffy clearomiser's). So I can't complain about the battery, who else that uses 808 thread batteries (smoke green or Green smoke users) can say theirs last that amount of time, I'd be on my 3rd or 4th 220 mAh battery in one day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah but if you got a 510/ego battery of similar length to the vgo you'd be able to use far more devices and it'd last similar enough lengths of time

the 1300 mah vgo 808 is what.. 12cm? that's around the length of a 1000mah ego with a 510/ego connection

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Apparently kiffy's got all that stuff... Just hates pressing buttons, I think.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Would you consider these? lots of people like them in their 510 form, and i'm pretty sure the 808 ones work pretty much the same

http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1076_1134&products_id=8148

grindle wrote: »
    Apparently kiffy's got all that stuff... Just hates pressing buttons, I think.
    :D:D:D In a nutshell Grindle. Though I do use my Twist/LT now and then to reduce the size of my brewery load of e liquid. To be quite honest it was/is the lack of an enjoyable flavour that turned me off modes and 510/eGo bits, just wasn't enjoying what I vaped. I love the smokegreen coffee cart and the Vanilla from Jacvapour.

In the last 2 weeks I have ordered 22 different bottles of e liquid in a search for a flavour to make my daily vape, and in front of me now have 10 bottles just arrived by post from Irishvapers and vanilla & caramel from TBS, surely I can find one bloody flavour in a bottle I will actually enjoy :mad:

Digby the vGo is 88mm long 122mm with cart) & 14mm wide (exactly same as my twist, but an automatic way handier for the bone idle ;)) I bought it and the others on the way was to get back to cart's but it's too good for them so going to have to go back to smallish tanks 1 to 2 ml in capacity.

Advertisement