Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you turn around on the street without checking your phone?

• 11-10-2012 12:10am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭

If your walking down the street and you suddenly realise you forgot something or you have to do something and that you need to go in the exact opposite direction you are now walking can you simply turn and walk in the opposite direction without pausing or checking your phone or something to make turning around and walking the other way seem less weird?

I cant do it. I have to stop and look around with a puzzled expression, or flip through my phone so the people who are there when i stop are gone by the time i move on again in the other direction. god bless you if you can just turn and go like a robot.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

You must have an awful high opinion of yourself if you think that everyone else actually gives a toss about what you're doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

If your walking down the street and you suddenly realise you forgot something or you have to do something and that you need to go in the exact opposite direction you are now walking can you simply turn and walk in the opposite direction without pausing or checking your phone or something to make turning around and walking the other way seem less weird?

I cant do it. I have to stop and look around with a puzzled expression, or flip through my phone so the people who are there when i stop are gone by the time i move on again in the other direction. god bless you if you can just turn and go like a robot.
    Oh **** I actually know what you're talking about.

What's wrong with us?:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

El Weirdo wrote: »
    You must have an awful high opinion of yourself if you think that everyone else actually gives a toss about what you're doing.
    It's not that, probably quite the opposite. It's probably more a low self esteem/anxiety thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

how did you manage to read the op with squinting and trying to read again and again but still not working out what it means

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

I usually drop my pants to the ankles and hop in the opposite direction. That way people wonder why I've dropped my pants and not why I've changed direction.

It's saved my cheeks getting red on several occasions over the years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭GoldenLight

I forget things all the time, generally it's my phone, if you see me turning around I'm generally patting myself down, pocket wise. (my phone is the least of my worries) generally it's wallet and keys, lighter and smokes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

If I'm walking down the street and I see a beautiful woman coming towards me I do a little dance. Like this

how did you manage to read the op with squinting and trying to read again and again but still not working out what it means
    I picked out what I thought were the salient points and just took a punt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Internet Hero

life not treatin you well? chin up bro :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Sometimes I'll just look for El Weirdos post in a thread to see if I should generally bother with it. This negates the need for me having to read something which could potentially harm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭GoldenLight

Where To wrote: »
    If I'm walking down the street and I see a beautiful woman coming towards me I do a little dance. Like this

I would like to thank this post, it made me

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I'm not an ambi-turner. It's a problem I had since I was a baby. I can't turn left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

keith16 wrote: »
    Sometimes I'll just look for El Weirdos post in a thread to see if I should generally bother with it. This negates the need for me having to read something which could potentially harm me.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5238/5870181823_4debdb5fff_z.jpg

:D:p

but his comment on this thread made no sense and seems like hes realy butthurt tho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I'm just randomly commenting so I can reach 50 posts which allows me to comment on the soccer threads. I really want to slate Trap when we lose Friday night. On a less pressing issue, WTF is the OP talking about?

nocoverart wrote: »
    I'm just randomly commenting so I can reach 50 posts which allows me to comment on the soccer threads. I really want to slate Trap when we lose Friday night. On a less pressing issue, WTF is the OP talking about?

dont post in my thread again please :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Oohhhhhhhh :eek:

nocoverart wrote: »

Soccer is crap.
    Basically op is an awkward penguin.
    That is all.

*adds to "Do Not Ban" list*

• Advertisement

haha so pathetic :)

El Weirdo is the king of everything.

Can I be put on that list too? *Batts eyes*

haha so pathetic :)
    *adds to the "other" list*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

but his comment on this thread made no sense and seems like hes realy butthurt tho?

Here lad, plenty of lube and take it slow if you're tight. be grand like ;)

*adds to the "other" list*

you cant get on my good side now bud. pathetic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

May I post in it please?

you cant get on my good side now bud. pathetic :)
    I wasn't trying to.

I wasn't trying to.

you were. pathetic :)

• Advertisement

Sauve wrote: »
    May I post in it please?

you already did :)

you already did :)

When? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭superblu

I know exactly what the OP is referring to. It's like taking out your phone and looking at it intently somehow vindicates your decision to just start walking in the direction from which you have come cause otherwise in your own mind you look like an idiot to people watching. I did it the other day.

superblu wrote: »
    I know exactly what the OP is referring to. It's like taking out your phone and looking at it intently somehow vindicates your decision to just start walking in the direction from which you have come cause otherwise in your own mind you look like an idiot to people watching. I did it the other day.

ha only person to post so far with a brain in yer head :)

Sauve wrote: »
    When? :)

cheap wine

:)

• Advertisement

:)

you probably should bow out of my thread, your idol has been made to look silly and you look silly for lickin up to him now. be gone :)

cheap wine

:eek: How did you know?!

Locking this now. Mainly because I'm tired of that smiley face, bored of the OP using the word "pathetic" and sick of the OP back-seat modding.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement