Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greyhound Maintains Waiver Scheme

Options
  • 11-10-2012 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭

3 different plans

plan 1 is pay per lift

plan 2 pay per month €15

plan 3 Pay by Weight

Black waste .26c per kilo
    Brown waste .19c per kilo

€49.95 annual service charge for Plan 1 or Plan 3

above just a summary - anybody else get a letter? For this you needed to be an old Dublin City Council waiver customer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

Were wavier customers not exempt from an annual service charge?

From DCC -
    As a waiver customer you are not required to pay the annual charge of for 2012.

However Greyhound are charging €49.95 and at the same time stating on their leaflet...
    We value your custom and we understand that you value the waiver scheme. That is why we have decided not to terminate the waiver scheme

They have terminated it then, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Belfunk wrote: »
    Were wavier customers not exempt from an annual service charge?

From DCC -

However Greyhound are charging €49.95 and at the same time stating on their leaflet...

They have terminated it then, no?
    my mother has a waiver bit still has a 49,95 service charge. neighbour with no waiver pays 59,95.

my Mam monthly plan is 29 giving 2 black bins gore(she's s pensioner) neighbor pays 19 pm with 1 black bin.

its a con job, especially when they say they analysed her weights. 3 weighs in 20 lifts. how can you analyse that?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

Its very misleading alright and to top it off they decided to put the price plan in the smallest font on the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Not all their fleet have the weighing function, which might explain the 3 of 20. I do agree that it's a total con job though. Their letter was sh1t, wrapped in chocolate; first it looked great, but when you bite into it, you get a nasty surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

goz83 wrote: »
    Not all their fleet have the weighing function, which might explain the 3 of 20. I do agree that it's a total con job though. Their letter was sh1t, wrapped in chocolate; first it looked great, but when you bite into it, you get a nasty surprise.

The fact that they dont weigh all the lifts makes liars of them saying they base the price they quote on an analysis of the lifts.

We're moving over to oxigen unless they come back to me with a better offer.

They didnt offer an annual plan and their monthly plan with TWO black bins works out at 348 for the year.
    Why they think we'd use 2 bins per collection when we've only ever used 1 is crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I reckon plan 1 is better than plan 3 for an OAP that does not put out many bins per year?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ranmac

Delta2113 wrote: »
    3 different plans

plan 1 is pay per lift

plan 2 pay per month €15

plan 3 Pay by Weight

Black waste .26c per kilo
    Brown waste .19c per kilo

€49.95 annual service charge for Plan 1 or Plan 3

above just a summary - anybody else get a letter? For this you needed to be an old Dublin City Council waiver customer.

On Plan 1 the over 25kgs charge is stated as .33c per kilo. I submit that this represents a cost of roughly one third of a cent per kilo and, accordingly, for €1 (one euro) you should be allowed €1 or 100 cents divided by .33c which according to my calculations will give you approximately 303 kilo. Would you agree and if so this represents excellent value. Must ring Greyhound tomorrow to confirm. (Or should I just keep my mouth shut and let them find out after January 2013 when it will be too late?)

ranmac wrote: »
    On Plan 1 the over 25kgs charge is stated as .33c per kilo. I submit that this represents a cost of roughly one third of a cent per kilo and, accordingly, for €1 (one euro) you should be allowed €1 or 100 cents divided by .33c which according to my calculations will give you approximately 303 kilo. Would you agree and if so this represents excellent value. Must ring Greyhound tomorrow to confirm. (Or should I just keep my mouth shut and let them find out after January 2013 when it will be too late?)

I'm afraid the letter is absolute rubbish (pun intended). The .33c per additional kilo is actually 33cent per kilo, which I believe is a breach of advertising standards and a total an possible intentional fcuk up by greyhound to slither out of. I have a thread here explaining this, which I will link to below.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81274635

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

brilliant, they wait ten months and make things awkward again. does Oxegen do all of the northside?

Fuinseog wrote: »
    brilliant, they wait ten months and make things awkward again. does Oxegen do all of the northside?

I believe they do. But Greyhound won't refund anything you have on your account, so keep that in mind.

• Advertisement
Advertisement