Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 31), Oct 13, 2012.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Well done to the real Rovers on winning the title. Best football played all season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    To save on costs, could Shams just bring our trophy down with them on the bus in 2 weeks?

CHAMPIONS :D:D:D

What a day. Never a penalty or sendings off for either player but I couldn't care.

I've been clean of alcohol for a while but we'll see how long it takes me to crack tonight

Brilliant!!! :D

Today only, i hate yez!! But overall, fair play. Great set up you've got at the Showgrounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

NIMAN wrote: »
    Get on Rovers to beat us.

We are carrying a lot of injuries at present, lot of walking wounded and I can see a lot of guys getting rested for the Cup Final.

?
    People have been telling me for ages I know nothing about football, think its time I started to listen to them!!

:D

Well done Sligo btw, full deserved, best team in the league.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Evan McMillan, better than your best striker

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Rovers losing 3-0 here. if it wasn't for the Germans the place would be empty. Thankully for them they're mostly drunk, it's not lively here at all.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

NIMAN wrote: »
    People have been telling me for ages I know nothing about football, think its time I started to listen to them!!

:D

Well done Sligo btw, full deserved, best team in the league.

Genuinely forgot there were other matches going on, just with the Sligo Pats match being on. I saw your post and logged onto Extratime.ie to see what was going in in Tallaght (I obviously realised you's were winning). But that is f*cking hilarious!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Shels 0 - 1 Cork

Vinny Sullivan

Oh, we do love playing in Tolka Park.

0-2

The Prodigal Son.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

0-2

The Prodigal Son.

Loving it!!

I'm actually going to join this Matthews out campaign from Shels fans now. As a neutral, it's no fun when Shels fans agree with the Cork fans!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Well done sligo.

Would prefered to have lost the game to a screamer or scabby tap in rather than a moment of Hancock.

Cmon UCD :(

1-2

Cassidy, as usual

Pen to Shels

edit : 2-2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

2-2 it just got interesting!!!

Think Gimmick predicted 2-2:confused:

Think Gimmick predicted 2-2:confused:

That was just the 2nd half:D

Cork got this the wrong way round!

3-2

:o

Shels were 14/1 before they scored their first, now look at them:mad:

• Advertisement

Limerick were 1 up at home to Wexford.

Wexford won 3-1 and Limerick finished with 9!

City proved 2 things tonight.

First half they showed how good they can be.

Second half, they showed how much they want Matthews to stay:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

The money the germans are spending in tolka tonight should keep the club goin over the winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Limerick were 1 up at home to Wexford.

Wexford won 3-1 and Limerick finished with 9!

Danny Furlong ended the season as the Division's top scorer with a hat trick tonight. For those that know the year Danny has had, it is some achievement. Fair play to you young man, I couldn't have done it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sligo Rovers, Ian Barraclough and Mark Quigley all take a bow. You have been immense throughout the season. Two FAI Cups back to back and the natural progression to League Champions has now come to be. Looking forward to Sligo Rovers representing us in Europe next year, do yourself proud lads. Not for the 'League' or for all LOI fans but for SRFC and its environs. |I'd be dead proud to be a Sligo man tonight.

Simply put, one of the finest LOI teams I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Good win for UCD tonight, think they deserved it on the balance of play.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

dan1895 wrote: »
    The money the germans are spending in tolka tonight should keep the club goin over the winter.

They were all over the place, I didn't expect so many Germans in Tolka, but they all enjoyed themselves. I hope, some of them will come back, a great party that was :cool:

And of course, my congrats to Sligo :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Germans were deadly. They cracked out every generic chant they could think of besides "who are ya," and "he fell over,". Wouldn't be surprised if the shop ran out of scarves either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Omackeral wrote: »
    Sligo Rovers, Ian Barraclough and Mark Quigley all take a bow. You have been immense throughout the season. Two FAI Cups back to back and the natural progression to League Champions has now come to be. Looking forward to Sligo Rovers representing us in Europe next year, do yourself proud lads. Not for the 'League' or for all LOI fans but for SRFC and its environs. |I'd be dead proud to be a Sligo man tonight.

Simply put, one of the finest LOI teams I've ever seen.

Hopefully there will be no let up against Drogheda and Shamrocks though.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Germans were deadly. They cracked out every generic chant they could think of besides "who are ya," and "he fell over,". Wouldn't be surprised if the shop ran out of scarves either.

Some songs were a bit weird, singing about potato salad in the Bar, but never mind, they had a great time :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ventre apologised to O Connor after the game, i reckon Ventre was just a dumbass and didnt understand the rules of a hotball. Well i hope it was that if not hes some fcuking ****.

Murphy punched by a sligo fan during the pitch invasion according to the Star, dont understand that either......they won the league and dont recall Murphy being a dick ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

That second half made me fall back in love with the real reds.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

That game in Tallaght was the least competitive game I've seen since..well..last night.

Douglas awarded Derry a penalty for a dive, like in the Setanta Cup. Nice to see him and Hancock keeping themselves in the game as ever.

Barry Molloy marked Finn out of the game last year in Tallaght and this time took him out of the game. Conor Powell going into central midfield as a result was a real bonus for anyone who was there. :pac: He was also the attacking midfielder, playmaker, centre half and defensive holding midfielder at different times. He also started at left back and then left wing in the first half.

A midfield of Gannon (right back) - Rice - Powell (left back) in central midfield was funny.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

dan1895 wrote: »
    They were great crack tonight.
    Shels played brilliantly in the second half - For possibly the only time this season Mathews selected the strongest team available and let them play.
    If he had done that all along Shels would be challenging for the league.
    He didn't and they're not.
    Easy from a distance...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That was nice. Was talking to a taxi driver in Liverpool today, told me to back Cork HT/Shelbourne FT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭shanec1928

dreamers75 wrote: »
    shanec1928 wrote: »
    5.5k tickets sold finishes up today thats for our last two home games.

Bring your wellies tomorrow :)
    Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

born2bwild wrote: »
    Shels played brilliantly in the second half - For possibly the only time this season Mathews selected the strongest team available and let them play.
    Easy from a distance...

Not sour grapes or anything, sounds like ye had a great second half, but there's nothing I've seen of the Shels squad that would convince me they would be in anyway challenging for the title.

Corholio wrote: »
    Easy from a distance...

Not sour grapes or anything, sounds like ye had a great second half, but there's nothing I've seen of the Shels squad that would convince me they would be in anyway challenging for the title.
    Can't really disagree with you there, our front 6 is of that quality, but behind that, no. Shortall is the only one for me there who is of that level. If we can get some new defenders, a keeper and a manager who understands how tactics work, we will do well next year. Our front 6 of Conan, Paddy Kavanagh, Dawson, Cronin, Casso and Philly has so much potential if we learn how to play the ball from the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Mushy wrote: »
    Good win for UCD tonight, think they deserved it on the balance of play.

Thought it was one of the worst games i have seen in years tbh . Both teams where dire . We had a goal ruled out for nothing and ucd got a peno for nothing after the player was at least 2 yards offside . Maltese officials where poor :eek:Missing our entire midfield didnt help either but hopefully they will be back next wk v sligo . We owe them one in the league and would love to finish ahead of pats in second , think its deserved for this group of players ....

Cork matchfixing scandal?

• Advertisement

^^^
    What's all this then?

Ah I'm only messing, given the hassle the Cork lads gave us over losing a 2 nil HT lead.

That said, the Cork lads certainly weren't busting a gut to turn it around, but I'd be more inclined to put that down to a ****ty attitude.

Thank god! For a second there I thought Shelbourne and Cork fans were gonna be bitching at each other on the internet. Thankfully it's not the case, never has been and never will be!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Thought it was one of the worst games i have seen in years tbh . Both teams where dire . We had a goal ruled out for nothing and ucd got a peno for nothing after the player was at least 2 yards offside . Maltese officials where poor :eek:Missing our entire midfield didnt help either but hopefully they will be back next wk v sligo . We owe them one in the league and would love to finish ahead of pats in second , think its deserved for this group of players ....
    The ref was a bit quick to blow the whistle when the goalie dropped the ball. Penalty was a stonewaller, although there was a suspicion of offside before he got it. But the linesman on that side had a good game, he was even putting his flag up and waving for fouls which none of ours seem to do. (Match officials were Maltese)
    I'd have preferred Fabio to have been allowed to take his chance rather than the red card.
    All in all, Drogs were poor but UCD looked good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

We were awful last night yet found ourselves 2 up. Should have been a cruise from there. We just didn't show for the 2nd half. Shells celebrated like they won the league though. Minnowism alive and well.

Mathews in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

gimmick wrote: »
    We were awful last night yet found ourselves 2 up. Should have been a cruise from there. We just didn't show for the 2nd half. Shells celebrated like they won the league though. Minnowism alive and well.

Mathews in!

We'd be celebrating as well, if we were 2-0 down and won 3-2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

What a way to win the league. Delighted it went to 2 all. Just winning it 2 nil would be boring.

Best team in the league and it hasn't been close. Top since April, only one defeat all season. Deserved champions.

gimmick wrote: »

Mathews in!
    Paz has it summed up there so that I don't have to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Meh about last night. Met few German lads after the game Friday and was joking that they should pop along to Tolka.

Low and behold they made it.

At least I made few new friends if nothing else after shocking weekend for Ireland and City.

Great comeback though by Shels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Easy from a distance...

Ah, come on...... :rolleyes:

Anyway good comeback last night. At least a p*** poor home season ended on a positive note. Think we picked up 15 out 45 available points in Tolka this season. :mad:

And of course, congrats to Rovers on their 3rd league title, fully deserved. A long time coming, but the club looks to be geared up for the future. Maybe even some of that prize money and UEFA cash can be spent on roofing over their new seating.

Dare I say it, model club?

Advertisement