Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 31), Oct 13, 2012.

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Ah, come on...... :rolleyes:

Anyway good comeback last night. At least a p*** poor home season ended on a positive note. Think we picked up 15 out 45 available points in Tolka this season. :mad:

And of course, congrats to Rovers on their 3rd league title, fully deserved. A long time coming, but the club looks to be geared up for the future. Maybe even some of that prize money and UEFA cash can be spent on roofing over their new seating.

Dare I say it, model club?

Sorry, I was very drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

CSF wrote: »
    That was nice. Was talking to a taxi driver in Liverpool today, told me to back Cork HT/Shelbourne FT.

Should we expect the FAI to be awarding us the win, so? I'll take that, nice one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Should we expect the FAI to be awarding us the win, so? I'll take that, nice one.
    Sure, have an oul look at our player registration forms and see whats going on there.

Probably not though, as its only amateur clubs like Sheriff and Pats who get up to those kind of shenanigans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Paz-CCFC wrote: »

On the basis of your players possibly throwing the second half? :confused:

Just because they moved you up a division, they won't give you everything. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

gimmick wrote: »
    We were awful last night yet found ourselves 2 up. Should have been a cruise from there. We just didn't show for the 2nd half. Shells celebrated like they won the league though. Minnowism alive and well.

Mathews in!

Pity Des didn't introduce me to you after the match instead of at HT! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Maybe even some of that prize money and UEFA cash can be spent on roofing over their new seating.
    The prize money doesn't amount to much but thats certainly on the agenda for the future. 6000+ crowds at the last two home games will go a long way towards paying for it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Meh about last night. Met few German lads after the game Friday and was joking that they should pop along to Tolka.

Low and behold they made it.

At least I made few new friends if nothing else after shocking weekend for Ireland and City.

Great comeback though by Shels.

Sorry, but I don't get your point there :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Lars1916 wrote: »

He hates Germany and the German people.

Thanks for filling me in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Lo and behold is a figurative expression - it is an imperative or invitation to stand in amazement and wonder.

google translate says this: siehe da

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Or maybe he was punning on the German international team's manager's surname?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

eh? :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Would have been good as German manager pun. But it seems it wasn't :pac:

Corholio wrote: »
    Would have been good as German manager pun. But it seems it wasn't :pac:

Me and that eejit of a German manager mentioned in the same post? You must really hate me ;)

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Pity Des didn't introduce me to you after the match instead of at HT! :D

I was magnanimous in defeat. I knew after about 2 minutes of the 2nd we were going to get beat. We looked completely disinterested. Cannot win them all, and tbh, it could easily have been 5-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Love his reaction when Quigley says there was no pressure on him for the penalty.

Theres no one you'd rather have taking a penalty in that situation. He just doesn't miss them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Love his reaction when Quigley says there was no pressure on him for the penalty.

Theres no one you'd rather have taking a penalty in that situation. He just doesn't miss them.

Watching the program there now, a very good advert for the league, good stadium, full house, Pats comeback, winner in the last minute. Pity about the drop ball incident at the end though.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

I stopped caring about sportsmanship when Fagan celebrated his goal in front of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

After Kenna got the shot in the balls in the first half Rogers kicked the ball out and Pats didn't give it back from the throw in so you can't have too many complaints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

After Kenna got the shot in the balls in the first half Rogers kicked the ball out and Pats didn't give it back from the throw in so you can't have too many complaints

No he didnt, he tried to clear the ball and skewed it out of play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

AgileMyth wrote: »

But what pressure was on him? :confused:

If he'd missed, you were 99% certain to still win the league.

Actually probably 99.99%.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

That one on MNS earlier was annoying the hell out of me.

Advertisement