Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cbr 250 or 400

• 11-10-2012 8:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

Thinking about bying another bike. i previously had a tiny nsr 80 and wondering of the 2 bikes mentioned which one would have the best handling for city driving ? I found on the nsr the tyres were like a bicycle and i hated driving it compared to other larger bikes i tried . btw its the older 90s model cbrs im looking at

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I would take the 400....you will prolly be bored outta ya mind on the 250cc after 3mths, depending on your age and experience. But at least you will grow into the 400 where as the 250 you will grow out off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Miglo

If you commute in heavy traffic 250 is is a way to go It is lighter so is much easier to filter between cars, on foothpaths etc :D
    Also engines are more bulletproof on 250 as they've gear driven cams - savage sound! Will take a lot of abuse
    The higher cc the more boring riding in city but on cbr250 you can slip the clutch and redline it all the time :P

I'd be more recommended step from nsr imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

id be considering a hornet 250 in your position - better seating/view for town work imo

Advertisement