Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork health shops - Volumising shampoo?

• 11-10-2012 8:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49

Hi,

My hair can be thick but tends to hang down around my face. I have to be careful of what products I use, as I get skin problems if I don't use relatively natural products. And even within the "natural" product ranges, my skin can still worsen. I generally stay away from putting a product in when my hair is dry and I also am very careful not to use heavy conditioners and most of the time don't use any conditioner at all. The only way I can stop my hair from being too flat at the moment is to use a shampoo for greasy hair, however that is now drying out my hair too much, as my hair isn't greasy as such and I wash it every day too. When trying my hair, I tend to have to drag it down a little bit or use the straightener on some of it, as it flicks out and can be feathery.

So, with all that said, my question is... :P : Are there any volumising type of shampoos in health shops (in Cork in particular) that you could recommend? What has worked on your hair?

Any other advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Have you tried the 'naked' range that you can get in boots. I know you said you were looking for one from a health shop buuuut.....they don't contain parabens or chemicals such as sls which is used in almost all other shampoos, even ones that have otherwise 'natural' ingredients like products from lush for example. Check out their website, might be worth bearing them in mind. Incidentally, they're Eco friendly and stuff isn't tested on animals.
    Good luck with the search!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 JaneCompti

Oh, thanks! That's great - I'll definitely check them out while I'm in town today. I'm still quite wary, as I am allergic to loads and loads of random things, but I'll certainly read the bottles today, as Boots would also be a lot more affordable than health shop stuff.

I might go to the health shop too and just run my eyes over the different bottles to see if anything stands out.

Let me know if you find anything decent in the health shops. I'm currently perusing Eco friendly versions of soaps, shampoos and household cleaners. I never thought to try the health shops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 JaneCompti

I already use health shop versions of those products - I can write you a list of ones I like, if you want?

JaneCompti wrote: »
    I already use health shop versions of those products - I can write you a list of ones I like, if you want?
    Yeah anything at all u can recommend. Shampoo, hand soap, shower gel, toothpaste. I'm not sure if they do household detergents? Thatd be brilliant thanks :-)

• Advertisement

I'm really happy with the naked range so far. It'd be nice to have some alternatives though.

Advertisement